cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN lab configuration

AvidPontoon1
Level 1
Level 1

So I have 10 phones registered on CUCM, these are a mix of soft phones and hard phones. They can all call each other but now I want to be able to make outbound calls to the outside of the network i.e my mobile. 

How do I configure this on the CUCM server and is the there a free way to do so as it is only for lab use? 

Thanks 

4 Replies 4

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
I don't think that there's a way to do it free. In order to make outbound calls you must connect to a service provider, and I doubt that there will be a service provider that'll give you a SIP trunk for free.

So there was a great way to do this in the past where you would install a freepbx asterisk system in front and use google voice then just trunk to the CME.

The google voice account needed like cell phone but did give you I think some basic free access like inbound only or something.

I think there are more than a couple of other sip trunk services that people recommend for this. If you google around I am sure you can find some. Mostly paid services like Slavik said.

Can I use a Sip trunk with sccp phones? 

@Gregory Brunn wrote:

So there was a great way to do this in the past where you would install a freepbx asterisk system in front and use google voice then just trunk to the CME.

The google voice account needed like cell phone but did give you I think some basic free access like inbound only or something.

I think there are more than a couple of other sip trunk services that people recommend for this. If you google around I am sure you can find some. Mostly paid services like Slavik said.

Yes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: