Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Public Distribution List & .wav file

Is it possible to record a message in .wav format using Media Player and then send the file to Public Distribution List.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Public Distribution List & .wav file

If you have Unifed Messaging you can use Cisco PCA and compose a voicemail and use a wav file when sending a message. Though, the recording should be a wav file in G.711/G.729 compression format to ensure that users can play this message using their Cisco IP Phone.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Well, you can do this via a desktop client no problem - not sure what you're trying to do here. You mean you want to send a voice mail message to a distribution list from the desktop? Why can't you use the web inbox or Media Master plug in for Outlook to do this? Or am I missing something about your scenario?

Community Member

the marketing people wants to record the message, give us the file. Then they want us to broadcast the file to the selected Distribution List not via email / outlook but only into voicemail. So I have a .wav file and a Public Distribution List in Unity. How to I send the file to the PDL?

Gold

If you have Unifed Messaging you can use Cisco PCA and compose a voicemail and use a wav file when sending a message. Though, the recording should be a wav file in G.711/G.729 compression format to ensure that users can play this message using their Cisco IP Phone.

Community Member

Resolved...

thanks a lot..we don't have unified messaging but we had licenses for Unity Inbox. I tested accessing it using PCA and sent a test message to a test PDL...works like a charm. I was aware of the codec issues and thus already got the file done is G711...

Gold

Good to know it worked as you wanted it to :-)

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Mahesh,

Very interesting answer! "You learn something new every day". 5 points for sure on this one.

Take care,

Rob

Gold

Thanks Rob. I guess that is the reason most of us are here. To learn something new and help others as much as we can :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content