Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Public Distribution List

HI

405. PDL Builder current csv file has "FN, LN, Ext,Domain"

1. Assuming I do not need "HomeServer, Alias, Fax or Dept"??

2. When I create a "Display Name" a unique DN is created...so this means I cannot put in my own DN under AFTER the PDL has been created?

3. Also I have a large number of PDL. Some of the PDL will reference another PDL. For example, PDL_1 includes all members from PDL_2 so is there a way to put that in Unity as a PDL DN rather than list all members from PDL_2?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Public Distribution List

1. In the help file for the Public Distribution List Builder there's a section on the CSV file format - in there it indicates that the only required field is "alias" - you must provide an alias column which is how users are found for adding to the list of subscribers to be included. All other fields are optional.

2. The display name for any public distribution list can be changed in the SA web administration interface. So yes, you can change the DN after installation using either the SA or ADUC.

3. PDL builder does not include DLs for inclusion into other DLs - but you can include DLs into another DL in the web based SA interface or ADUC directly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content