cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Public Distribution Lists

ciscounity
Level 1
Level 1

I recently created two public distribution lists and checked "Show distribution list in e-mail server address book" option, In AD there are two distrbution lists by the same name (these were created in AD not Unity).

Therfore now there are now two distribution lists in AD by the same name,

While creating these distribution lists in Unity a user was sepecified as the owner, but when i see this distribution list in AD there is no owner of these distribution lists (Is this attribute not propogated to AD),

Since the user can see two distribution lists by same name in outlook address book, he wants one of them to be removed

Can the user modify the membership of public distribution lists created in Unity ??

Avinash

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Public DLs created in AD and created in Unity are not different - both can be seen and modified within ADUC no problem - there's nothing special about the Unity created DLs other than a few extra properties we populate for voice addressing purposes (i.e. we can add an extension and owner properties).

Thanks, one more thing, when i change a user's ext in AD, it is not automatically changed in user properties in unity, I have to change it manually,

Avinash

The extensions in Unity are stored on property extensions - there are up to 10 of them for Unity remember. Also, the Extensions must be unique across the dialing domain in Unity so we have to restrict changing them/adding them such that they remain unique - if we used the extension fields in AD we would not have that control.

When importing users from AD into Unity you can copy the busines phone field into Unity's primary extension field but after that the fields are no longer connected.

Thanks,this clears it up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: