Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Purging Deleted Mailboxes, etc

I am running Unity 4.03 with an Exchange message store, not Unified Messaging, installed by and not well documented by a consultant in another state (don't ask...). The consultant supposedly set the system up to be somewhat self-reliant, and all we have done is add/remove users with the web based admin tool. I recently logged in to see what kind of space my 300 users are using, and to my shock I found that the database is huge - over 75 gb! From the Exchange system manager I found that some of my top users had over 3000 objects in their mailboxes and were using over 3gb.

I checked with a number of users, and none of them had more than 4 or 5 messages in their inbox.

I have looked all over and can not seem to find any way to purge the deleted items, where I assume the messages reside.

On a side note, I also noticed that the mailboxes of users that have been deleted from Unity still exist in the ADS and are taking up space in the message store.

Is there something I am missing here? I ran the MSM took and scheduled purge jobs, but the results are always empty. Should I call TAC?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Purging Deleted Mailboxes, etc

Couple things here...

1. Yes, when you delete a subscriber in the SA we only remove the Unity specific properties off that subscriber in AD - we do not delete the AD account or their mailbox. You can delete them directly in ADUC.

2. I'm n ot sure what you mean by "the results are always empty" with MSM - I'll need some more details on which job you created and ran. It should be capable of emptying the deleted items folders for you. As a side note, check for the latest version of MSM here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content