Views
Helpful
Replies

PXE Errors - new install of CUCM on UCS C series servers

khanm1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I'm in a middle of production install of CUCM , CUWL and IM and Presence on Cisco UCS Servers C220 and C240.

Until last friday I borught the CUCM cluster along with CUWL server online and lastly just completed the install of IM and Presence PUB left home.

Then tried logging on Sunday from home via vSphere client unable to connect to these boxes and the webURL's either of apps didn't work.

I presumed something and then tried to gain access via CIMC port and after launching KVM console I see the attached PXE errors.?

I'm not sure why this happend all of a sudden nothing changed in the boot order nor in the network.

Please send me into right direction....this structure I had up and running from last one week and phones registered too.

Thanks

Mohammed

2 Replies 2

khanm1977
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind I figured it out myself and you'll surpised how fragile the UCS C series servers are as I was running them on single power supply and the inside hardware was acting weird for this purpose and once I connected the second power supply and rebooted the server the vmware loads and everything is back online.

How strange this issue was ...

Thanks

Mohammed

Highly doubt the PXE error was due to the fact that the PSU was missing.

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: