Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

question on incoming called number.

I am very confused about the "incoming called number." this command.

Once we experienced a unity problem which was that unity didn't respond the digits that user entered to retrieve mail when message notification is on. I used this command to fix the problem though I still quite understand why it fixed the problem.

Is this command only used to address the DTMF problem when unity initiate the call? How to explain this behavior in detail? I read some document but not 100% clear. Thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: question on incoming called number.

Is this the document you were referring to?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094607.shtml

If so, I'm not sure I can sum up the purpose of "incoming called-number" any better. Basically, that command ensures the call gets routed using a dial-peer where you've explicitly enabled dtmf-relay. The default dial-peer, 0, will not use dtmf-relay.

-Eric

Yes, same one.But it's not very clear to me. Hopefully you can explain my following question:

From GW point, which call is incoming call, from PSTN or from Unity? "Incoming called number." means from PSTN or Unity? In that article, "incoming called number 9T" looks like it's the destination pattern when calls from unity.I guess what I confused here is the clear steps happened when unity send message notification and user respond:

1. Unity send a message notification, which dial-peer or leg it will use?

2. When user enter the digits, which dial-peer or leg will it use?

In which step, the incoming called number take effect?

Thanks in advance

Cisco Employee

The finer details of dial-peer configuration is not my expertise but I believe the key thing here is that for each call there will be both an incoming and outgoing dial-peer. With Unity, the dial-peer controling the VoIP side of the call must have dtmf-relay enabled.

Calls from the PSTN to Unity must have dtmf-relay configured in the outgoing dial-peer. This is accomplished by having Unity's pilot match the destination pattern. For calls from Unity to the PSTN, dtmf-relay must be configured in the incoming dial-peer. This is accomplished with the "Incoming called number" command.

Here are some more good links to help out...

www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/dialpeer_call_leg.html

www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/in_out_dial_peers.html

www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/in_dial_peer_match.html

Views
Helpful
Replies