Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about updating CUCM 7.1 to 9.1

Hi everyone

I have to perform a updating in a cluster with 1 publisher and 3 subscriber from 7.1 to 9.1.

I would like to know some things.

When I am updating the publisher. When can I start updating the subscribers? Can I update them in the same time?

I would like to keep the service. Can I register the phones to one subscriber until the publiser will be ready to keep the service? Even the subscriber still is not updated?

Thank you for the help

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Publisher needs to finish upgrading before you upgrade subscribers, which you can install at the same time.

Your CM Group configuration will allow you to keep the service up while servers are rebooting and switching version, so as long as your devices have more than 1 CUCM within the group defined the impact should be minimal. If Pub is not running CM service then upgrade the subs one by one.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Publisher needs to finish upgrading before you upgrade subscribers, which you can install at the same time.

Your CM Group configuration will allow you to keep the service up while servers are rebooting and switching version, so as long as your devices have more than 1 CUCM within the group defined the impact should be minimal. If Pub is not running CM service then upgrade the subs one by one.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you for the answer.

So if there are phones registered a one subscriber that is not updated yet and the publisher is already updated, these phones still would be on service, and If I'd update that subscriber, the phones would look for the second subscriber on the list to register.

Publisher and subscribers in diferents version still work Right?

Thank you.

Correct, the servers will generate errors that they are on different versions, but they will continue to process calls. Once all servers are on the same versions and database is in sync full functionality will be restored.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris

Just one question more.

I will have to resync the database manually or this would be resync automatically after the subscriber will update?

Thank you.

You should not need to do this manually, it should sync by itself, it will take some time.  You can view the state from the Cisco Unified Reporting page for the state of the database. If the database state is not Good, you can find many threads here on on how to restore it.

HTH,

Chris