cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

"Hold for more options" never ocuurs

Hello,

I have unity 4.05 and CCM 4.13sr3a.

If I dial an extension and leave a message I am propmted by the system to hang up or hold for more options after 2 seconds of silence I get the more options. If I dial the DID from an outside line (310XXXXXXX) and leave a message I never get the more options prompt after the 2 seconds of silence, I can force it if I press the # key.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: "Hold for more options" never ocuurs

So.... what do you get after 2 seconds of silence in the 2nd scenario? Hang up? Or do you get dumped to the "say goodbye" call handler?

Community Member

The call seems to stay up as though I was still speaking. I have pointed a test DID from another PRI to this mailbox and it works normal.

Cisco Employee

OK - so the real problem is silence detection is not kicking in on certain call paths here.

Is G729a codec in use when going through your original call path by any chance? Silence detection only works with G711 (G729a compresses silence out).

Community Member

I would assume so, since the outside call originates at the remote site, then forwarded accross the WAN to the Unity server. Accross the WAN I have G729 set up between regions. Can I verify this through call viewer? If it is G729, would there be a work around?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content