Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

"Sorry, example administrator is not available"

Running Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1)

After hours (5:30pm) Greetings starts, and after a selection is made to transfer a caller, they get the recording "Sorry, example administrator is not available".

This does not happen every call, enough to upset customers.

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Sorry, example administrator is not available"

What is the mail box size on your example Administrator mailbox (found in Exchange)? I am not sure if it is standard config, but my Example administrator has a peculiar name (eadmin776a567f) as did some other aliases in exchange.

Anyway, Unaddressedmessages dl is a Distribution List. From the unity web admin, Select Public Distribution Lists (under the Subscribers heading). Click on the search icon (magnifying glass) and type "una*" (without the ""). The results should include a group called Unaddressed Messages - {your server name}.

Cisco Employee

Double check the partition/CSS configuration on all of your voice mail ports at the DN level. If it's different across various ports, it may explain why some have access to transferring and some do not.

Hope that does it for you,

Brad

53 REPLIES
Silver

Is this for a subcriber or a call handler? If call handler which one are you hitting?

How are you selecting to transfer to a caller?

Just need some more information.

rlp

A Call Handler picks up after hours. ("Opening Greeting")

Caller Input for the Opening Greeting Call Handler set as follows:

Send caller to “Call Handler”

Caller input map

Key 1 Send caller to Attempt transfer to Sales Hunt Group

Key 2 Send caller to Attempt transfer to Marketing Hunt Group

Key 2 Send caller to Attempt transfer to Finance Hunt Group

Hope this helps.

Silver

Sorry if this is a dumb question but are those groups there? are the grous also call handlers or subscribers? or even dls?

Randy

It's fine to ask, and yes they are there. Again, this does not happen every call. The Hunt Groups are all Call Handlers.

Thanks

Silver

Ok just a guess, since it is not happening all the time my guess is that they are not pressing 1 or 2 or 3 and one of the is not configured right. Check all three. Is there a reason that attempt transfer has to be chosen and not Send to greeting for?

Also make sure Standard and Closed greetings are enabled. Alternate needs to be disabled.

If you have to use the attempt tranfer for, the one the call transfer page of the three groups, also make sure Standard and Closed are enabled. Alternate needs to be disabled.

Really hope this helps.

Randy

Two employees have been testing the system, and also get this error so they are definitely pressing the correct selections.

The Attempt to transfer is to send the call to the Sales Hunt Group, and not voicemail. I did just switch to Send to Greeting, and I

get the Example Administrator error.

Standard and Closed are disabled.

Silver

Standard has to be enabled now matter what.

If you want to go by a schedule then Standard and Closed should be enabled. Alternate has to be disabled.

Do this both on the call transfer and the greetings pages.

Randy

Silver

In addition, the fact that Standard is disabled is a huge issue. It has to be enabled all the

You can run dbwalker and dbwalker will show you this.

Randy

I apologize for the confusion, but Standard is active (enabled). We have separate recordings for Closed, or Alternate and you have to go and manually select these and save them to activate them. So I know that Standard is enabled since it is the recording that you hear when you call.

I'm going to start putting through some test calls now since it after hours. The part that makes this more difficult is that it happens intermittently.

Hi,

A couple Questions:

Are all Call Handlers? if so, who is the owner of each call handler (this is found on the profile page of the call handler).

Finally, check to ensure that the example administrator's mailbox is not full.

Yes, all are Call Handlers. Owners listed below:

Name of Call Handler - Owner

Opening Greeting- Administrators

Sales - Example Administrator

Marketing - Example Administrator

Finance - Administrators

I did go into Example Administrator mailbox and empty thousands of voicemails, and made

test calls afterwards w/no error.

I'm assuming all these voicemails are when customers were never routed

to the correct department, or the receptionist never answered the phone? I have an

idea to create a “Receptionist” email group to forward these voicemails from Example Administrator.

Should this be done from the Example Administrator Subscriber, or under System, Configuration?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you.

Silver

just make the receptionist a member of the unaddressedmessages dl (public) the receptionist needs to be a subscriber and not a call handler. call handlers do not have a mailbox.

Randy

Silver

try changing the owner of all the call handlers to example administrator, make sure the message recipiant is valid on the messages page.

Randy

Not sure what the unaddressedmessages dl (public) is. Sorry you lost me.

To sum up:

I've cleaned up the Example Administrator mailbox. I will make sure to change each Call Handlers owners(including Opening Greeting) to Example Administrator and not Administrators.

Under Configuration, Recipient is set to the Example Administrator Subscriber. Owner is also set to Example Administrator…fyi.

Could the Example Administrator mailbox being full, and/or inconsistencies in the Owners be the cause of the “Example Administrator not available” error?

There a bug here, or do we chalk this up to our Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1)?

Silver

not sure yet we need to see if it works.

the unaddressmessages dl is why you have so many voice mail in the example admuinistrator mailbox.

by default that box is the only member of the dl. you need to make another subsciber a member of that dl and consider taking eadmin off.

this is all in the installation guide too.

goto the SA > Subcribers > Public Distribution List and do a search for the unaddressedmessages dl

you really need to do this in order to no fill up the eadmin box.

Randy

Randy,

I did find Unaddressed Messages under Public Distribution Lists. I did a search under Members and Example Administrator is there.

Instead of making another Subscriber member, can we just change the greeting to say.."Company Name,(not Example Admin) please leave a message..blah blah blah" then create a Public Folder (in Exchange Manager)to forward any voicemails that may be left? Or just attach the Example Admin email acct on to the Receptionist mailbox?

If I missed your answer I apologize, but these voice messages are left in Example Admin mailbox because the calls were missed???

What is the mail box size on your example Administrator mailbox (found in Exchange)? I am not sure if it is standard config, but my Example administrator has a peculiar name (eadmin776a567f) as did some other aliases in exchange.

Anyway, Unaddressedmessages dl is a Distribution List. From the unity web admin, Select Public Distribution Lists (under the Subscribers heading). Click on the search icon (magnifying glass) and type "una*" (without the ""). The results should include a group called Unaddressed Messages - {your server name}.

t00832112,

Not sure what the total size was, but I did a major clean on the mailbox. And yes we do have Exchange. Ours also had a similar name EAdmin7e2f549b. Corruption possibly?

I did find the Unaddressed Messages, and Example Administrator is a member.

Thank you.

I don't think it is corruption as all of my distribution lists as well as all Unity system accounts have that suffix. Not sure of its significance, though.

Silver

I would not change the prompt. I do not think this is the problem.

You should add a member to the dl though for other reasons like what if the vm was important?

At this point I would probably open a SR with TAC and see if they can find a known issue.

Please let me know.

Sorry I was not of more help

Randy

I will not change the Example Administrator. The vm's are important, just wanted a way not to confuse the customer if we still continue to get this "Example Admin is not available" error.

To add another member for Unaddressed Messages, I should do the following:

* Create new Subscriber

* Add the new Subscriber as a Member under Public Distribution Lists?

I'll read up on how to do all of this.

If the error persist I will open up a service request.

How do I rate this Topic? Go back and rate each response?

Thank you very much for all of your replies and assistance.

Have a great week!

Silver

thsnks so much but you only should rate the one you think helped. please let us know what tac says too.

Randy

Hi -

This is not corruption, but the account created by AD because an account of EAdmin already existed. We have 5 Unity servers in our AD forest, one EAdmin account, the initial one that was created when Unity was first installed. Each subsequent Unity server that was installed created a new EAdmin account name that is unique. Look at the account's alias, in the E-mail address tab of the account's properties. It probably says Eadminx@domain.xyz. The same is true for the Public DLs that are added when Unity is installed, Unaddressed Messages; All Subscribers etc. What may have happened is Unity was deinstalled and then reinstalled, the deinstall does not clean up account information; Unity DiRT backup and restore, for example. This is nothing to worry about.

Ginger

Thank you for the reply.

I attached the accounts created by Unity and did not see any duplicates. We only have one Unity server.

The alias for Example Administrator account was only EAdmin.

Hope this helps some.

Update on the "sorry, example administrator is not available" error. I did clean out the Example Administrator mailbox which did have a large amount of voice messages, and I have not been able to duplicate the same error message, and no errors have been reported.

Thanks so much for all the replies and assistance.

Continue to have issues w/the "Example Administrator" error again. Last night we switched the phones over to the Auto Attendant for the holiday. A quick refresh of the issue is as follows: When you dial into our company, AA comes on and you press 1 for Sales, then you get "Please wait while we transfer your call" ..then right after that "Sorry, Example Administrator is not available" So I switched the Subscriber under Public Distribution Lists/Unaddressed Messages from Example Admin to an end user. Did more than 20 test calls no problem. This morning I dial in and twice I get the "Example Admin" error. This really narrows the problem down, but just can't understand why it continues to give this error. Do I need to switch the Public Distribution/Unaddressed Messages to a different Subscriber? Any assistance would be great since we are dependant on getting these calls during a time when we have no receptionist. Again, this is an intermittent problem.

Thank you very much.

Also. The mailbox size in Exchange of the Subscriber I have the Undaddress Messages set to is not large at all. (if this info helps)

One more bit of info I wanted to write is for the Unaddressed Messages under Public DL I have the Owner set to the receptionist, and under Members I have the same receptionist. No longer do I have EAdmin from both Owner and Member.

The Sales Hunt Group currently has EAdmin as the Owner, is this OK?

it is okay, but if you don't have your call handler configured for not allow for message, it will eventually fill that box. What we have done is set the after greeting action to send the call somewhere else (either back to the call handler, or to another user or call handler. This way, there is not the option to leave a message that would be attached to this call handler (and ultimately end up with EAdmin).

Thanks for the reply.

So should I change the Call Handler Owner to the receptionist or leave it at EAdmin?

The most important issue I must get resolved is to make sure customers calling in do not hear "Sorry, Example Administrator not available" Too confusing and they might hang up not leaving a message at all. Bad news for the company...even more for me.

Views
Helpful
Replies