Views
Helpful
Replies

"Temp Fail" and call drop

rdianat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have looked in this forum for "Temp Fail" issue but I have not seen any clear reason or solution for it. Here is my situation:

CM version is 6.1.2.1139-3

CM, IP Phone and Voice gateway all are connected to the same switch. Auto QOS is configured on the switch. outbound calls are through a pair of PRI. This is a single cluster multi site, but the problem has only been noticed in central site where the phones, CM and voice gateway all are connected to the same switch.

Users when calling outside, intermittently see "Temp Fail" appear on the left bottom of the phone and call drops. After disconnecting and dialing again, the call goes through. There has not been report of this problem for internal calls or calls to Unity so far. It has only been noticed intermittently for outbound calls.

I have checked cabling, and errors on the interfaces and all is good and clear.

In some previous threads in this forum some have pointed this to network issue, some have pointed to CM OS bug, some say DSP problem and some pointing to QOS and high CPU utilization in CM. Some also point to SDL OOS situation. I don't see any of these symptoms except SDL OOS in RTMT which has been happening from the first minute I installed the CM and there was no problem until recently 6 month after original install.

My question is which device is sending this "Temp Fail" message? for what reason and if anyone has clearly could reproduce this problem and fix it?

Thanks,

rdianat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I experienced "Temp Fail" error in the past. The reason of this error was a duplex mismatch between CUCM and the switchport.

When properly configured, the error does not occur again.

Hope it helps, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

- Adrián

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I experienced "Temp Fail" error in the past. The reason of this error was a duplex mismatch between CUCM and the switchport.

When properly configured, the error does not occur again.

Hope it helps, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

- Adrián

Hi Adrian,

I found this to be the case. I noticed the switch was auto and CUCM was hard coded to Full and the switch was working in half duplex. Need some time to verify really if this fixes the "temp fail" problem, but most probably you have hit the right target.

Thanks a lot for your help.

rdianat