Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 - More than 32Gb vRAM

I'm building a UC on UCS spec as per the design guide, and for this particular customer I'm speccing a larger server than normal due to their requirements.

That part code... R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9. Allows for 2 CPU's, which is fine, but only 32Gb of vRAM. I'm going with the 240 server TRC#1, which has 96Gb. What VMWare support should I be adding or replacing with?

Everyone's tags (4)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

To my knowledge the only way you can do that is to pull memory out. I was told by PDI to install vSphere Standard to address the 48GB Memory.

From Cisco:

===========================================

What we recommend would be the vSphere Standard. You can choose from 1yr to 5yr support.

VMW-VS5-ST-1A=

VMW-VS5-ST-2A=

VMW-VS5-ST-3A=

VMW-VS5-ST-4A=

VMW-VS5-ST-5A=

Hi,

Please use the below SKU for as recommended for vSphere standard and there is no limitation for RAM, one per 1 CPU.from 1  to 5year support.

VMW-VS5-ST-1A=

VMW-VS5-ST-2A=

VMW-VS5-ST-3A=

VMW-VS5-ST-4A=

VMW-VS5-ST-5A=

Regards,

Gaurav

5 REPLIES

I have the same problem except 48gb instead of 32gb. As this is a demo/training box I am actually happy to run on 32GB. Is there a way to disable memory from a licence perspective without shutting down the whole system and physically removing it?

To my knowledge the only way you can do that is to pull memory out. I was told by PDI to install vSphere Standard to address the 48GB Memory.

From Cisco:

What we recommend would be the vSphere Standard. You can choose from 1yr to 5yr support.

VMW-VS5-ST-1A=

VMW-VS5-ST-2A=

VMW-VS5-ST-3A=

VMW-VS5-ST-4A=

VMW-VS5-ST-5A=

Re: R-VMW-UC-FND5-K9 - More than 32Gb vRAM

Just use the serial number for ESXi 5.1 with all the vRAM conserning limitations removed.

I hope I'm correct on this one. VMware and their license changes are extremely irritating.

Hi,

Please use the below SKU for as recommended for vSphere standard and there is no limitation for RAM, one per 1 CPU.from 1  to 5year support.

VMW-VS5-ST-1A=

VMW-VS5-ST-2A=

VMW-VS5-ST-3A=

VMW-VS5-ST-4A=

VMW-VS5-ST-5A=

Regards,

Gaurav

Blimey, delayed duplicated reaction or what! 4 months is a record! Thanks Gaurav, that's the method I've been using.

Views
Helpful
Replies