Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDNIS or Original Called Number used by Unity?

Hi all - I wonder if you can help on something I'm confused over.

When a call comes into Unity - what field does Unity use to know which Voicebox to send the call to? And, is there anyway to change Unity to it used the RDNIS over the Original Called Party or vice versa?

Any information is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: RDNIS or Original Called Number used by Unity?

When a call forwards into Unity, we get the last redirecting number from the TSP and that's what Unity uses to lookup the voicemail box or call handler and load the appropriate greeting from there. For a direct call in the calling number is passed to us and we'll attempt so sign into the mailbox that is assigned to that number (if any).

You can use the call viewer application in the Tools Depot to see which values are being passed to us in various scenarios.

Currently you can't force another value (i.e. first redirecting number on a forward or the like).

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

When a call forwards into Unity, we get the last redirecting number from the TSP and that's what Unity uses to lookup the voicemail box or call handler and load the appropriate greeting from there. For a direct call in the calling number is passed to us and we'll attempt so sign into the mailbox that is assigned to that number (if any).

You can use the call viewer application in the Tools Depot to see which values are being passed to us in various scenarios.

Currently you can't force another value (i.e. first redirecting number on a forward or the like).

Cisco Employee

Sorry, I actually got that backwards - we use the _first_ redirecting number, not the last redirecting number.

And as a side note, the TSP/MIU boys and girls are planning on exposing both the first and last redirecting numbers to us in the 4.3 release so the conversations can optionally use either one. We'll add someting to the Advanced Settings Tool that will let sites choose which one they want to use.

Excellent thank you, I read it yesterday and was going to question today. Can I just clarify whether you mean 4.3 release of CM, Unity or the TSP?

That would be a useful add-on. Cheers.

Cisco Employee

I meant Unity 4.3 coming out later this year - 4.2 is currently in testing (EFT) and 4.1 is currently the shipping version of Unity.

Thanks Lindborg.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content