cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-adding an user in Unity

j-foote
Level 1
Level 1

I have an user that was deleted from Unity, when I try to add him back I get the "the alias specified matches an alias already existing in the directory" error message. The user still has his AD account and Exchange mailbox. I don't want to have to delete these accounts unless absolute necessary.

Thanks

James Foote

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

James,

I have good news for you.

You do not have to delete user out of AD and Exchange, just remove the Unity properties.

Use this tool

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BunnyKiller.htm

rlp

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

James,

I have good news for you.

You do not have to delete user out of AD and Exchange, just remove the Unity properties.

Use this tool

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BunnyKiller.htm

rlp

Thanks for the response, I have Unity 4.2(1.0) and doesn't seem to want to download from the web site. It shows that I should be using Global Subscriber Manager.

NOTE: Global Subscriber Manager now has removal functions built in. For 4.0(1) and later the Remove Subscriber Properties is not in Tools Depot any longer.

However I don't see the user in question using this method.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

James

Thanks for the help, was able to remove the user from Unity

great!!! GSM?

We tried this solution a few days ago on Unity 5.0(1) but after we ran the RemoveSubscriberProperties on the AD account and try to re-add the Unity account, we get "An unrecognized error 0x80070005 has occurred E_ACCESSDENIED". We have tried it with the install account and the admin account. Anyone run into this before? These accounts were migrated from another Unity in the past using GSM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: