Views
Helpful
Replies

Read receipts in Unity 4.0.3 and Domino 5.12

awyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm getting read receipts as new voice mail on the phone. I have set the Exclude return receipts from voice mail stack to option 1 and I still get them.

The only thing I can think it can be is the engineering specials I applied. I don't think we got them before this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Gus

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure they're read receipts and not non delivery receipts (NDRs)? NDRs will always show up in the voice mail stack regardless of what you've set in the registry.

They are read receipts not NDRs. We also get things like calendar replies as well.

Is there a way to stop the NDR's? My customer really dislikes them.

no, NDRs will always be presented.

In Unity 4.0(1) and later you can sort your message stack such that receipts (including NDRs) show up after all other message types/urgencies such that you can minimize the impact it has on them but there's no way to turn off NDRs.

You should look into why they're getting so many NDRs - if it's enough to be bothersome they clearly have issues they need to run down somewhere along the line.

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

Gus,

The Unity integration with Domino does not support the registry key to exclude the return receipts. I tried to find this documented somewhere on CCO, but could not. I will work with the folks who put documentation out there to make this clear.

We are looking at correcting this problem in a later release, but are currently constrained by technical limitations.

- Anil

I had customer try to do the registry change to disable return receipts on 4.0(4) SR1 w/Lotus Domino and the server had some errors and crashed and another reboot stabilized things.

Does anyone know if there will be any side effects if someone sets this registry key with Notes or is it unknown what will happen?

Anil, Is there any update on this being handled on the Unity side?