cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reading of Default Username TTS Stopped

Kelin Webb
Level 1
Level 1

Normally when a User hasn't set up a personal greeting Unity will read off their First and Last name; however, that's recently stopped working. It'll just say "... is not available". It will play personal greetings that have been recorded. Verified the information is there, in Unity, for the users. 

I'm poking around to see what might have caused that right now and was curious if anyone would be able to quickly point me in the right area. I haven't pulled a system restart yet as we're still currently in operational hours, but also want to make sure it isn't a setting that another co-worker accidentally adjusted. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your reply lead to my thought process expansion... haha. I located the issue and was able to resolve the TTS issue.

Within Unity Connection Serviceability -> Tools -> Control Center Feature Services - Stop/Restart the Connection Message Event Service

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kelin,

Did you check;

'Use Text To Speech to Read Display Names When No Recording Is Available' under 'Advanced > Conversations'

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the reply! I checked that area and it looks like that setting already had a checkmark.

I went ahead and un-checked it, saved, and re-checked it, saved; but didn't have a change. Voicemails still say "Sorry... is unavailable".

Is there a service that could be restarted that this works from?

Your reply lead to my thought process expansion... haha. I located the issue and was able to resolve the TTS issue.

Within Unity Connection Serviceability -> Tools -> Control Center Feature Services - Stop/Restart the Connection Message Event Service

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: