cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Record a quick memo/Transfer right to someones VM through AA

steve.sarrick
Level 1
Level 1

A customer would like a quick way to come through the auto attendant to record a memo. For example, Sales guy is in the car wants to call in and remind himself to follow up with a certain customer or a manager wants to jump right to someones voicemail and not have to worry about them picking up the phone just to leave a quick message. Right now we have * plus the extension forwards right to VM, I would like to use the * if possible through Unity, but that does not seem to work. I know I could also append another digit (like an 8 or 7) to the extension, but that becomes an issue of using one version inside and another outside. Any other workarounds that I may be missing here? Generally they just don't want to sit around for the 4 rings before it goes to VM.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can always tack a #2 onto the end of any extension dialed form the auto attendant (i.e. the opening greeting) and it'll skip the transfer for a subscriber or call handler - this works in all cases regardless of if you're calling from the outside or internally or if the subscriber/handler has a transfer rule active or not - so if the user's extension is 1234 you can dial 1234#2 and you'll always go right to their greeting and their phone will not ring.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: