Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Referral ext or 0 out to a clerk

Unity 3.1

How do I setup a referral ext. When a caller gets into a users mailbox greeting they can press 0 and be sent to a clerk not a malbox. I think you use call handler, but am unsure what/ how to configure.

2 REPLIES

Re: Referral ext or 0 out to a clerk

Hello -

We utilize 0-out operators in our organization. They are easy to set up.

1. Go to Unity SA and search for the subscriber you want to change.

2. Go to Caller Input and select the check box for "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting". We left the "Milliseconds to wait for additional digits" at the default of 1500.

3. Click on the 0 key on the image of the telephone keypad. The information for the 0 key will then be displayed.

4. Check the radial button "Send caller to" and then select a subscriber who will function as the 0-out operator. Select the option to "Attempt transfer for" instead of "Send to greeting for". This way when the caller presses 0, he will be transferred to the operator's phone and ring the selected number of ring seconds. Note your 0-out operator person must also be a Unity subscriber.

5. Optionally, the user/owner of the mailbox could record a greeting that includes the prompt to "Press 0 anytime during this greeting to reach an operator" or something like that. In our organization, it is a given that pressing 0 will reach an operator, so we don't include the info in our greetings.

6. We have a number of different divisions, each with its own 0-out operator. We implemented the 0-out via Subscriber templates and then import new subscribers using the appropriate template.

Hope this helps! Sincerely,

Ginger

Re: Referral ext or 0 out to a clerk

Line 4. You can also send the caller to a call handler that transfers directly to an extension. This way you don't "need" a subscriber mailbox to capture the zeroed out call.

In my company the zero out number is not to have voicemail on it as management wants the calls answered. Their wish is my command...

Lee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content