cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Refresh Upgrade Failed going from CUCM 7.1.5 to 8.6.2

evanrichards
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen other similar issues with the 'Refresh Upgrade Failed' error popping up, but can't some to find my error.  Has anyone seen this one?

"Error detected in pre-boot phase.  Unable to revert to original version.  Change in software RAID casued a hard drive reformat deleting the original version.  Recovery requires a reinstall and DRS restore of the prior working software version."

Needless to say, this sucks.  I've already done this install in my stage environment and took copious notes.  Following the Cisco directions, I installed the cop file, sftp'd the new 8.6.2 to the pyhiscal server, installed, did DRS, powered down, built new 8.6 on UCS chassis and DRS to that.  All worked as documented.  I was to the point on my production PUB where I had picked a time zone, said no to DHCP and changing the MTU size and it was 'installing packages.'  Than, BAM, install fails and throughs this error. 

Thanks for any input

Evan         

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: