Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registration rejected : security error

Folks,

I have some demo gear from Cisco, and am trying to set up our demo environment, prior to ordering our production IPT gear.    I've installed  CUCM 7.1 as standalone (publisher only)  and am able to register some of my demo gear IP phones, but others get this error when trying to register:

Registration rejected : security error

Things I've checked:

• I've checked the 7942 and 7965 IP phones, and the security setting is set to non-secure.

• The two phones have IP's, and have the call manager information correctly.
  • I have phones that are working, they have the same config
  • I tried resetting the phones to the factory config also.
  • I've rebooted the Call Manager as well.

I've done some searching on CCO, and am not able to find any good guidance on what I could try next....

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Cameron

24 Replies 24

Neither one of the cluster here have ever used CTL.

However, the phone was connected to another phone and then powered with a brick.  I plugged the bad phone directly into the and it booted properly.  Plugged it back into the original phone and now it is working like a champ.  Had some other phones that had done the same thing as well, but they were plugged into a mini-switch and then powered with a brick.  Did the factory reset and had them do the target thing. Plugged those directly into the POE switch and they cam up fine.  So it has something to do with the phones ending up on the Data VLAN, but why it would wait a week with 15 - 20 reconfigs and resets of the phone per day and then all of a sudden quit is a mystery.

Anyway, fix for me was to plug the phone directly into the POE switch.

Hi,

The problem could be because you may be exceeding the number of DNs set for auto registration. Try removing the unassigned DNs and it should surely work.

Ishan - this was exactly the issue and I spent hours trying to figure out why my 7975 wouldn't auto-register so I checked my 15xx's and sure enough I didn't have any available.  This was it and now I am good.

Thanks Ishan - that is exactly what had happened.

I removed the unused DNs and extended the auto registration number pool (because I can) and that resolved the issue.

Best

Richard

mgudell
Level 1
Level 1

My situation was the MAC address was entered incorrectly.  Once I corrected it, then I got the rejection due to security error.  Eraceing the ITL File under Trust list under Security Configuration fixed it.  Thanks.

This appears to be my problem as well. Resolved. 

Thank you so much everyone.

Mesrop Saakyan
Level 1
Level 1

This might be your solution. This blog solved my problem. I had same errors as you. registration rejected and version error

http://www.smallbusinessphonesystem.biz/cisco-phone-registration-rejected-version-error/

Nightwolf_82
Level 1
Level 1

I solved this issue changing the name of Publisher and Subscriber from cucmpub and cucmsub to their IP address respectively in CUCM Administration - System - Server.

RachelGomez161999
Spotlight
Spotlight

Reasons -Security error occur

Your local environment doesn't have an SSL certificate. 
Outdated SSL caches in the browser. 
Incorrect time and date settings on your computer. 
Rogue browser extensions
Overzealous antivirus software. 
An invalid or expired SSL certificate.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

@RachelGomez161999 Fo what reason are you posting responses on multiple very old posts? This specific one is twelve years old. IMHO It doesn’t do good for the community to bring these old posts to the top.

Apart from this your response is not very on the money, or even completely irrelevant if I’m absolutely straightforward.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: