Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Call Control error. CCM7, CUPS7 and OCS 2007

gg_robinson
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone who wants a challenge...

We've upgraded our CCM6/CUPS6 to CCM7/CUPS7 environment and are now experiencing issues with the Remote Call Control from OCS to Call Manager.

Essentially, the situauation is such that if you initiate a call using a Cisco handset, MOC is aware of the call (on screen controls appear etc) and you can even initiate another call from MOC (which puts the 1st one on hold). It seems SIP uses a "consultative_call" command to intiative a second call whilst on the 1st call and everything works fine.

However… if you are NOT in a call and try to initiate a call from MOC, you get 'Call not completed or has ended' and the attached errors appear in the logs.

The attached logs show the CTI Manager log and the SIP Proxy logs at the time of making a call and you will see that the CTI manager is returning an 'Invalid Feature Priority' error.

This features worked fine under CCM6 and CUPS6 with OCS2007, however we upgraded to 7 to test call forking and E.164 support for our customers.

I've checked the configs many times, following Cisco and MS documentation, checking and re-checking.

I'm open to suggestions as I've spent hours reading debug logs, CSTA documents and SIP information online... it's probably something minor and I just can't see the forest for the trees.

Regards,

Graham R

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I know MSFT is working on getting OCS to work with CUCM directly. Which does not do much for RCC, but could have direct SIP trunks for dialing. It sort of works now, but there many problems with simple SIP commands like hold, transfer, hang up, (are there more???) The reason is that Cisco followed the RFC standard for SIP and MSFT decided they did not like the RFC standard and staggered away from it to make it work for OCS. Little did they know they would be re-writing code for OCS to make SIP RFC standard again on their products because so many of their customers have CUCM in place and want to use IM OCS and CUCM. Anyways.. interesting always good to hear how its working elsewhere!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Not applicable

Check the bug: CSCsq13578

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Before you go all lengths with RCC, does it even work between CUPC/CUPS and CUCM7? If it does not, then it will not work with OCS.

If you are defining call forking as this:

Call comes into CUCM, rings the Cisco IP phone AND the OCS Client at the same time, Either end point picks up and can be put on hold and picked up on the other end, etc. This scenario is not possible yet as far as I know. I have not heard that call forking.

In MOC, you should have it set for SIP of the CUPS server. If you have some kind of PBX dialing set up in MOC, it's trying to use that and not CUPS. You can check the OCS server bugs and see where that SIP invite is going.

CUCM 7 is so new, Im sure none of us have had a chance to try it with this configuration yet.

I would first try and get RCC to work with CUPC and CUCM7. If that hurdle is crossed, then you know your problem is between OCS and Presence only.

Hey mate - thanks for your input but I'm not talking about call forking at all, just simple Remote Call Control / Click to Dial from MOC to CUPS.

I did some more digging and the error I found is a bug in CUPS7 BETA (which I was testing). It's now been resolved in the FCS release of CUPS 7.0 (Build 7.0.1.10000-28)

PS. On the subject of call forking from CCM7 to OCS using SNR... it works like a dream. As does OCS to CCM7 as long as you enable simultaneous ring in your MOC configuration (nice feature but VERY limited compared with Cisco's SNR capabilities).

The one thing that won't be supported in 7.0 (but will be in 7.1 apparently) is the Enterprise Voice configuration in OCS with PBX Integration enabled... which to me is a huge same as its exactly how i want to work!

Oh well.

Anyway, RCC bug identified and fixed in CUPS (7.0.1.10000-28)

Thanks!

GGR

I know MSFT is working on getting OCS to work with CUCM directly. Which does not do much for RCC, but could have direct SIP trunks for dialing. It sort of works now, but there many problems with simple SIP commands like hold, transfer, hang up, (are there more???) The reason is that Cisco followed the RFC standard for SIP and MSFT decided they did not like the RFC standard and staggered away from it to make it work for OCS. Little did they know they would be re-writing code for OCS to make SIP RFC standard again on their products because so many of their customers have CUCM in place and want to use IM OCS and CUCM. Anyways.. interesting always good to hear how its working elsewhere!

Cheers!

Hmm.. with CUCM7/CUPS7 and OCS2007, I've had a pretty good run.

From a RCC perspective, apart from not being able to intiative a call with the CUPS7 BETA version *lol*, the following features seem to work;

* Consultative Call (Initiate a second call when you're on the first one)

* Call Hold

* Call Resume

* Call Hang-Up

The call xfer doesn't seem to work, however with there being a bug in my build I don't know if its related to the bug of a SIP compatibility issue. Guess I'll find out as soon as I finish download the 4Gb worth of CCM7/CUPS7 updates! :)

Thanks for your help.

GR

Do you perhaps have any decent documentation on this implementation (CCM7 & OCS integration)?

thnx

charl

No sorry - it was a lab environment.

However, it's almost identical to CCM6 and OCS - for which there is a good integration guide on CCO.

Hi,

We have it configured and integrated but somehow can not get out call forking to work. It is all configured as per:

Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007

Enterprise Edition using Direct SIP to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1) Simultaneous Ring Feature document which we found on Cisco's website.

When we ring the IP phone ext it does not ring on the MOC client. We can call the number on the MOC client from an ip phone.

Any ideas on where to even start looking?

thnx

charl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: