Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Removing an AvDSAD non-existent domain reference?

I have a customer who originally provisioned unity in a .loc domain for VM. Since then, they have moved it into another island domain for administrative purposes. They are continuously seeing the following error message in the app log:

"CiscoUnity_DSAD","Warning ","Error",1096,"","XXX-UNTY-VM1","The AvDSAD does not have a domain controller for the domain: XXXVOICE.LOC, and could not get one from Active Directory. Ensure that a domain controller exists for this domain, that no DNS issues exist, and that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account has the proper rights.

I can't find a reference to the .loc domain in the registry. It shows when I run the DC/GC tool but does not give me the option to remove it. Any thoughts on making this go away? TIA.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Removing an AvDSAD non-existent domain reference?

The information has been moved to UnityDB, AdDomain and Configuration table. I am not suggesting that is safe to mess with the tables but proceed with caution. Make sure you have a backup in case something goes wrong because you will at least have something to restore with.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content