cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing Unity from the Domain after DIRT restore to another server

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

We recently completed a DIRT restore of a Unity server to a new server in the same AD domain. Before we did the restore, we shut down Unity as instructed. Now that we have done a successful restore to a new server we would like to decommission the old server. Im thinking that I cant just start Unity and run the uninstall tool without causing a conflict on the network with the server that now has these users homed? Should I have run uninistall before taking Unity down prior to the DIRT restore? Just looking for the best and safest way to uninstall this Unity server as I will need to repeat this process with a few other Unity servers- thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You wont cause a conflict by firing up the old server - you'd have to force a directory sync to cause a problem and doing that isn't easy (you'd have to run a command line EXE). So go ahead and run uninstall on it - that'll take off the objects asscociated with the old server from the directory that are specific to it (i.e. the location object(s) created for it).

Not sure what version you're running but check to see if you have the latest uninstall just to be safe:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_UninstallUnity30.htm

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You wont cause a conflict by firing up the old server - you'd have to force a directory sync to cause a problem and doing that isn't easy (you'd have to run a command line EXE). So go ahead and run uninstall on it - that'll take off the objects asscociated with the old server from the directory that are specific to it (i.e. the location object(s) created for it).

Not sure what version you're running but check to see if you have the latest uninstall just to be safe:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_UninstallUnity30.htm

Thanks very much for this information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: