cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Renaming Objects in Call Manager 6.1.3

FBeebe
Level 1
Level 1

My company is about to open a new branch location. We will be changing the name of an existing Branch and giving that name to the new Branch. What option would be the best for completing this task and what tools may help me if any?

Option 1

Create all the new objects with the new name and migrate all exisiting settings to those objects.

Option 2

Rename all the old objects and then create new objects with the old name.

I have not been able to find any information to support either method as I dont think this is very common.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would go with Option 2. Taking a config backup before changing also is a good idea.

Yes it is bit uncommon.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no tool that allow you to rename ""objects" (assuming you are talking about items such as partitions, CSS, etc).  You will need to do this manually in GUI.

Your only option would be to write SQL queries, but I would not recommend that. 

As to adding to new objects you could develop AXL based tool that perfomrs the imports, I am not aware of commercially available one though. 

You can also look into CUCM Import/Export capabilities under BAT, but I forgot if that was available in 6.1 or 7.X.

HTH,

Chris

Yes there is an Import / Export feature in 6.1.3. Is there a way to edit the data that is exported?

Yes you can you can check out the BAT Guide for usage as well as search through dozens of previous posts here on that topic.

Chris

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would go with Option 2. Taking a config backup before changing also is a good idea.

Yes it is bit uncommon.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

What affect will this have on the fuctionality of the Call Manager in the old Branch as I rename objects (Location, Gateway, Partitions, CSS). Are these just reference names with GUID on backend? I want to make the changes with least amount of down time as possible.

Fred

Correct, these are just names and changing one propagates through the database.  I would definitely suggest making these changes after hours.

GW name should not be changed though, unless you are changing the hostname of the GW itself if using MGCP then you will need to change it on CUCM and GW side.

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

Actually the Gateway is named with the IP address so that will not change. All hightlighted names would Change from Baltimore to Jessup. The gateway description would not affect anything.I assume all changes in names would propagate to phones and other devices as you said?

Correct.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: