Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reply across multiple Unity platforms

I have three Unity systems in the same Domain. All Unity users are in the same AD. When I receive a message from a user on a different Unity system, I can't not reply to that user. Is this a limitation to Unity or is it a configuration issue?

Thanks for any help?

jwa

3 REPLIES

Re: Reply across multiple Unity platforms

Hi -

Here is a link to the Cisco reference for enabling this feature, called identified subscriber messaging - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a008022cd84.html#wp1402828

Ginger

Anonymous
N/A

Hey Ginger,

Thanks for the info!

Digital networking works for all the Unity systems. That is, I can compose and send a message from my mailbox to any other mailbox on any server. I can then do a reply to that message, that all works fine.

This is what I am trying to accomplish: When I call a Unity user, on a different server, from my desk phone, I leave a message. The user receives my message. In the message header, it states that the call was received from 716-XXX-XXXX, this is my phone number and it is also my mailbox number. However,the CLID in the header is my phone number. Should I be able to press "4" and reply to the message. When I press 4, Unity responds "you can not reply to this call". However, if I leave a message for someone on the same Unity server, reply works.

Thanks again for your help!!

Joe

Hi Joe -

Here is a test you can do to ensure identified subscriber messaging has been enabled and the Cisco link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080449a44.html#wp1272384

To Verify Identified Subscriber Messaging Between Networked Subscribers - Do this test if the Cisco Unity servers have been configured for identified subscriber messaging between networked subscribers.

-----------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Verify that Cisco Unity plays an internal greeting for subscribers who leave messages, by doing the following sub-steps:

a. From a subscriber phone, call a subscriber associated with another Cisco Unity server, and allow the call to be forwarded to voice mail.

b. Verify that the internal greeting plays.

c. Leave a test message.

Step 2 Verify that subscribers are identified when the recipient listens to a message, by doing the following sub-steps:

a. Log on to the applicable Cisco Unity server as the recipient subscriber and listen to the test message you recorded in Step 1.

b. Verify that the subscriber conversation announces who the message is from by playing the recorded voice name of the sending subscriber.

c. After listening to the message, verify that the subscriber conversation allows you to reply to the message.

If you have a UM implementation, you should see the Display Name of the Unity subscriber on the other server that sent you the message in the Subject column of the voice message, i.e. Message from Kavan. Ginger. If you see instead the CLID as you mentioned of the phone number, then Unity is not recognizing the CLID information it is getting from your PBX as the extension of a subscriber. On your Unity server, make sure you have either Dialing Domain or Global Directory specified for your Primary Location's addressing option search as well as the check box "Include locations in search". Do this on each server. If that is set OK, you might consider using Alternate extensions and code the CLID information you see in the header as an alternate extension for a subscriber and repeat the tests.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content