Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reply to a voicemail from another subscriber 4.2(1)

I noticed that I can not reply to another subscriber that has left me a message

- same unity box

- subscriber to subscriber reply

It used to be option "4" to reply to the voicemail with a voicemail, but no luck. I also tired "44" to call the subscriber back, no luck.

Has this been replaced with Live Record? or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Tommer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Reply to a voicemail from another subscriber 4.2(1)

couple things here.

Plain reply (4) is always on for sub to sub messages. Period.

Live reply (44) can be turned on in the COS.

Neither is offered if the message is not tagged as from another subscriber. So I'm assuming the message is left from an outside caller.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Can you give us a little more detail about the message? When you listen to it does it say "Message from (subscriber name)"? It sounds as though it's not a sub to sub message but tagged as an outside caller message.

Reply has never been removed (and would never be removed) in any of our conversations, of course. Which conversation are you using? What options are offered in the after message menu? Rather than hitting the 4, listen to the options and tell us what's offered - if reply is not offered then it's a good bet the message has been tagged as an outside caller message and we should look at why that is.

It's not being offered. So is this a class of service then?

Hi -

The Live Reply is part of the COS. In the Messages section - Live Reply

Subscribers can reply to messages from other subscribers by calling them.

Ginger

I have it checked in the COS, but still not offered during the prompts

thanks

Tommer

Cisco Employee

couple things here.

Plain reply (4) is always on for sub to sub messages. Period.

Live reply (44) can be turned on in the COS.

Neither is offered if the message is not tagged as from another subscriber. So I'm assuming the message is left from an outside caller.

I think I found my problem. I have a crazy setup of Unity integrated with Callmanager and Rolm. Between the Rolm and the CallManager are T1 tie lines. When Rolm phones call to IP phones, they do not "know" who is calling because Rolm does not support QSIQ so we do not get the calling number. Hence, when it rolls to voicemail, it looks like an external caller to Unity... and no reply option 4 is offered. But I did test from Rolm to Rolm phone and Unity does offer reply, but no Live reply.

Fun with really old stuff and migrating to new.... quirks..

Thanks Jeff and Ginger!

Hi Tommer -

We are running 4.2(1) - both Reply to voice message, subscriber on same Unity server, and Live Reply, calling the subscriber, works on our 4.2(1) system. Just tested :-) Does the subscriber have a COS that allows Live Reply? One other thing I thought of, just seeing Jeff's post, if the sender's inbox is full, voice messages are sent from the Unity_servername mailbox. Something to check.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies