Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

reportdb.bak

We see reportdb.bak under commserver grows very fast. It's almost 2G rignt now. How does the system generate a bak file under commserver? We use dirt backup the database inclding reportdb, but I think this should be different. How can we disable this if we want to save some space?What's disadvantage to disable this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: reportdb.bak

That .bak file (along with the UnityDB.bak file) is the nightly backup of the two Unity databases setup in SQL by the installation of Unity. It's not going to keep growing indefinitely - every week (Sunday at 3am by default) full backups of both tables are done then nightly after that deltas are kept - so the file will be largest Saturday.

The reportDB stuff collects information about call activity as the system is used among other things so it's doing to typically be much larger than the UnityDB which is generally static directory information that doesn't change all that much unless you're doing a lot of adds/moves/deletes along the way.

If you're really concerned about it you can ditch the backups of the ReportDB stuff entirely - it may not be critical to you. The only down side is the reports would not function at all after a restore. If that's not a big deal to you, you can go into the SQL Enterprise Manager and disable the ReportDB backup job - I highly reccomend keeping the UnityDB backups in place, however.

Re: reportdb.bak

I checked a few Unity servers running in different IPT systems and found the size of ReportDb.bak is almost same as Unitydb.bak, both them are around 10~15M. Only one Unity server's reportDb is 1.4G.

The default back up path has been set as c:/common server during unity installation, can I change the backup path to D:/ in SQL enterprise management?

I still can't find why this file is growing so rapidly. How can I identify the root cause and fix it?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content