Views
Helpful
Replies

Request to add Deselect All Subscribers button to COBRAS import

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Jeff -

I'm just beginning to use the COBRAS import into UC from one of our Unity servers to test. I noticed the import process does not have a DeSelect option. Since I anticipate us performing many imports per Unity server, to accommodate the variety of customized subscriber templates and COS we have, it would be nice to have this option. My initial export file had 1300+ subscribers and I would have to uncheck each user I did not want during the import. On another note, having this same option on the export would be great. It would be nice to only export a specific number of subscribers. Currently you only get the option to select subscribers for which you want to export voice messages. Thanks for considering this request.

Sincerely, Ginger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is a select all/deselect all option on all the grids - it may not be very obvious though. The checkbox in the upper left (in the column header of the grid) acts as a select all or deselect all option.

The export needs to get everything - I get a lot of requests for "selective exports" but this isn't going to happen since it hoses up all the cross link checks (i.e. I need info on all objects that reference all other objects so if I let folks leave stuff out of the backup it breaks those checks during restore). COBRAS backup only lets you trim out greetings, voice names, messages, DL membership info and private list info - all other top level data is always exported by design.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is a select all/deselect all option on all the grids - it may not be very obvious though. The checkbox in the upper left (in the column header of the grid) acts as a select all or deselect all option.

The export needs to get everything - I get a lot of requests for "selective exports" but this isn't going to happen since it hoses up all the cross link checks (i.e. I need info on all objects that reference all other objects so if I let folks leave stuff out of the backup it breaks those checks during restore). COBRAS backup only lets you trim out greetings, voice names, messages, DL membership info and private list info - all other top level data is always exported by design.

Hi Jeff -

Thank you very much! I found the deselect button with your instructions. I also appreciate your explanation and understand the necessity to not hose up the cross link checks.

Sincerely, Ginger

yeah - I think the select all/deselect all stuff is probably too clever by about half - couple other folks missed it as well. Saves a bunch of screen space that way and I noticed all the fancy new .NET grids are using that convention (which is where I got the idea).

Maybe if I make the boarder color on that particular checkbox red or something to draw the eye to it or something... I'll fiddle with it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: