cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Cisco Unity Connection 7.1 Application GUI password?!!!!

AhmedBassiony
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As we know in linux based unity connection 7.1 there are three passwords: Administrator -platfrom- Password, Security password between nodes and Application User password that allow us access the GUI to configure users, voice mail ports....etc.

Our problem that we change the Application User Password and we forget it, So we arent able to perform any configuration.

Is any configuration to reset that password..

Any ideas .....

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Padma,

Good catch.  CUC has it's own set of CLI commands for that tasks.  My commands are meant for CUCM but they would have led you there via use of the "?".

Hailey

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The following commands only apply to the Application Administrator ID (for CUC Admin access).  You'll need to have CLI (Platform Administrator) access in order to reset the Application Administrator ID.  Use the following commands:

utils reset_ui_administrator_name

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

Sorry for any confusion there...I'll make it up somewhere else.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ahmed,

To reset the password for the account that you use to login into Unity Connection administration web page, you need to SSH into server and execute the following command

utils cuc reset password

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/7_1_2/cli_ref_712.html#wp41994

thnx

padramas

Padma,

Good catch.  CUC has it's own set of CLI commands for that tasks.  My commands are meant for CUCM but they would have led you there via use of the "?".

Hailey

I try it on lab, and it work perfectly.

Then i change the password from user tab, i make edit in application password, when i try to preform the same steps again i see this error:

Reset user interface password

Failed to get Connection.Connector(NOT CONNECTED: Driver=com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver;)

08/18/2008 13:34:24.282 | Update FAILED: code = 1, AUTHORIZATION FAILURE

admin:

any idea?????

Hi,

By executing " utils service list " command, please verify both " A Cisco DB " and Connection DB " db instances are in started state or not.

With which account have you logged into Unity Connection admin page ? For what account are trying to change the web application password ?

Thanks

padramas

The problem in the lab was solved, so i will wait to check it in the real environment so soon.

Thanks for all.

dblittlewood
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am also getting the following error when trying to change the UI password:

Update FAILED: code = 1, AUTHORIZATION FAILURE

Ahmed, what did you do to solve this?  All services are running on my box.

Thanks.