cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restarting DRF Services

mmillington_nal
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to verify before I did it, that I can restart the DRF services on my CUCM 7.0 without disrupting anything but backups right? A job seems to be hanging and I can't configure anything because it says that a backup is in progress, even though its not.

TIA,

Matt

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Matt,

Backup and Restore Services

This section describes the Backup and Restore Services.

Cisco DRF Master

The CiscoDRF Master Agent service supports the DRF Master Agent, which  works with the Disaster Recovery System graphical user interface (GUI)  or command line interface (CLI) to schedule backups, perform  restorations, view dependencies, check status of jobs, and cancel jobs,  if necessary. The Cisco DRF Master Agent also provides the storage  medium for the backup and restoration process.

In a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition system, this  service supports both Cisco Unified Communications Manager and  Cisco Unity Connection.

Cisco DRF Local

The Cisco DRF Local service supports the Cisco DRF Local Agent, which  acts as the workhorse for the DRF Master Agent. Components register with  the Cisco DRF Local Agent to use the disaster recovery framework. The  Cisco DRF Local Agent executes commands that it receives from the Cisco  DRF Master Agent. Cisco DRF Local Agent sends the status, logs, and  command results to the Cisco DRF Master Agent.

In a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition system, this  service supports both Cisco Unified Communications Manager and  Cisco Unity Connection.

Please refer the below link for more information,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_0_1/admin_master/sasrvdes.html

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

You can restart these two services without issue;

utils service restart

Cisco DRF Local

Cisco DRF Master

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Matt,

Backup and Restore Services

This section describes the Backup and Restore Services.

Cisco DRF Master

The CiscoDRF Master Agent service supports the DRF Master Agent, which  works with the Disaster Recovery System graphical user interface (GUI)  or command line interface (CLI) to schedule backups, perform  restorations, view dependencies, check status of jobs, and cancel jobs,  if necessary. The Cisco DRF Master Agent also provides the storage  medium for the backup and restoration process.

Cisco DRF Local

The Cisco DRF Local service supports the Cisco DRF Local Agent, which  acts as the workhorse for the DRF Master Agent. Components register with  the Cisco DRF Local Agent to use the disaster recovery framework. The  Cisco DRF Local Agent executes commands that it receives from the Cisco  DRF Master Agent. Cisco DRF Local Agent sends the status, logs, and  command results to the Cisco DRF Master Agent.

Please refer the below link for more information,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_0_1/admin_master/sasrvdes.html

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

You can restart these two services without issue;

utils service restart

Cisco DRF Local

Cisco DRF Master

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob!! I figured, just wanted confirmation and couldn't find it in the documentation.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

So, I restarted the services on all 3 of our servers, ran a manual backup and it gets to the end and every step says success, but it just keeps auto-refreshing, and I'm right back to the same problem I had before. It thinks that a backup process is still in progress. I can't view the Scheduler or edit anything because of it, and the only way to get by it is to restart all the services again. Any idea why it keeps happening?

-Matt

I am using UCCX 11.6.2.  Is there an order in restarting the services on the sub and pub?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

it could be this bug;

CSCsr87199 - DRS backup never releases lock - stops performing backups

Description

Symptom:
- DRS Backups stop executing automatically.
- When you attempt a manual backup, you get an error saying:
"Backup operation currently in progress.... please wait and try after sometime"
- When trying to install a new version or a COP file, you get the following error:
"The system is currently locked by another process. Please try again later"
Conditions:
Occurs if DRF is scheduled to backup the CUCM server automatically.
Workaround:
Restart the DRF Master Agent on the publisher to be able to install files again.

First Found in:                          (1)

7.0(1.10000.11)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Dec 23,2011

Fixed in:                          (5)

9.0(1.10000.37),7.1(2.10000.16),7.1(1.39000.81)

7.0(2.11006.1),7.0(1.21022.1)

Product:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

3 - moderate

Cheers!

Rob

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

These commands are not working.

Please mention the correct commands to restart Cisco DRF Local and

Cisco DRF Master.?

Hi Wagas,

These are the correct commands

Note: If you want to restart the service from the Command Line Interface, use these commands

• admin:utils service restart Cisco DRF Master

• admin:utils service restart Cisco DRF Local

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan

Hi Rob,

These commands will run through cli on Pub or subs.

regards,

Deepesh

Hi deepesh,

These services are usually running on both the Pub & Subs so the commands

would be run on both as well

You can use utils service list to be sure.

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

Sometimes you need to regenerate the certificates to get DRF Master and Local alive again.

admin:utils disaster_recovery device list
Unable to connect to Master Agent host: <PublisherHostName>, Port: 4040. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down.
Device Name             Device Type             Device Path
--------------------------------------------------------------
drfCliMsg: error occurred:Local Agent is not responding. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down.

If this error appears to you, regenerate the ipsec.pem to backup/edit DRS fields.

Complete these steps in order to resolve the issue:

1. Log into Cisco Unified Communications Manager OS Administration page.

2. Choose Security > Certificate Management. The Certificate List window displays.

3. You can use the Find controls in order to filter the certificate list.

4. Click the ipsec.pem file, and then click Regenerate.

5. After the successful regeneration of the ipsec.pem file, download the same.

6. Go back to the Certificate Management page.

7. Find the existing corrupted ipsec-trust file entry. Click the file name of the certificate or CTL, and then click Delete.

8. Upload the downloaded ipsec.pem file with the caption ipsec-trust.

9. Restart the Master Agent (MA)/Local Agent (LA).

It worked!

Gabriel.

Hi Gabriel 

Thank you for your steps on  regenerating the ipsec.pem .  I have one question regarding step  5

(After the successful regeneration of the ipsec.pem file, download the same.)

not sure what do you mean by Download the same, can you clarify . 

Thanks again 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: