cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

retired CUP 6.0 and installed new CUP 7.0.5 and things are a little whacky

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

Okay so I had a loaner server with CUP 6 on it, and everything was good, only had about 12 users in there. Got a new server and version 7 (System version: 7.0.5.10000-18), so I did a fresh install with so few users in there. Everything looked good so I powered down the old and changed DNS so the users would be on the new one this morning.

Things are working but I am seeing several very inconsistent oddities:

I can see users as available but I cannot message them. (did not receive your message because it could not be delivered.) that same user can message me, I just cannot reply.

The guy sitting next to me shows available, but I show invisible to him even though my status is available. I can message him and he can respond just fine, though he cannot initiate chat because I show offline.

Other users are logged in and available per the CUP server but I don’t see them as online in my contact list.

We didn’t see any of this on version 6 and none of the user profiles changed (save having to rebuild their contact lists)

I am pulling down version 7.0.7.10000-11 right now, because it acts like a bug. Just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this craziness.

2 Replies 2

I think you posted this as resolved in a different post thread, but it looks like the issue is case-sensitivity in CUPS 7.  The username in CUCM and in AD need to match exactly, even down to the case, in order to work properly.

yeah that was the ultimate issue, so I did LDAP integration which opened up a whole new world of issues to overcome. Things are looking mostly good now, if only I could get the AD admins to update the user data with silly little things like phone numbers....

its a shame you can show the thread with a correct answer when you are the one that figures out the issue.

(with the help of tac in this case)

Cheers,

-Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: