cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieve Call Park UCM10

AnnM410
Level 1
Level 1

I built Call Park into a location yesterday and had it working. I selected to use one number, 5633. I could place a call, Park it on one phone then go to any phone at the location and retrieve it successfully by entering 5633*. The problem is that I tested the Call Park today and now I'm unable to unpark the call. When I try to retrieve the call from another phone I get the message "Your call cannot be completed as dialed". Nothing has been changed in my settings since yesterday. Would you know why it was working yesterday but failing today?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check that the "Cisco Unified Communications Manager" that is configured on the Call Park page is the one where the phones are registered to (you can verify where a phone is registered on Device-Phones, "Status" column.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you use directed call park. What is the retrieval code that you have configured on the Directed Call Park configuration page?

Georgios

I didn't use Directed Call Park; I used Call Park. What is the difference between them? 

You can read this: Call Park and Directed Call Park

Briefly, in directed call park you can chose the number to park the call and, fot that, you use the "transfer" key. In call park you simply use the Park softkey to park the call and then dial the number (eg 56xx) that appeared on the screen; exactly as it appered.

Georgios

Thanks, Call Park is working but I'm not able to retrieve the parked call from another phone. It worked yesterday; I retrieved a parked call by entering "5633*". Do you have any trouble shooting tips on how to retrieve the parked call?

So, you are using the Park softkey to park the calls, right? Does the IP phone (CSS) have access to the park-range partition? Also, the IP phone needs have the same Call Manager group as the park range.

Georgios

Yes, Call Park soft key is available when call comes in. I verified the phones are using the same CSS. I assumed the Call Manager group is all the same. Where do I go in CUCM to verify ?

Check that the "Cisco Unified Communications Manager" that is configured on the Call Park page is the one where the phones are registered to (you can verify where a phone is registered on Device-Phones, "Status" column.

Georgios

Yes they are registered to the same CUCM.

The Call Park Retrieval is finally working. After I verified the CUCM Status was the same I did a Reset on the phones at this location. I made a test call and I was able to retrieve the Parked Call.