Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieve Call Park UCM7.1

katberts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I can't seem to find how to retrieve a parked call - specifically, if I park a call and forget the number the call got parked on, how can I get that call back?

We're using basic call park.  I had read on one of the Cisco docs that I could hit the PickUp softkey then press the star symbol and that would retrieve the call but when I tried that, it came back with No call available for pickup. 

Is this something I cannot do unless directed call pickup is configured?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!!!

Kiley

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to know in which DN the call was parked to dial that DN and retrieve the call, in any case, there is a timer that will send the call back to the phone that parked it in first place.

Pickup is to be used when you're using the pickup groups, on what document did you read that was for call park??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two service parameters that you can adjust which are relevent to what you're asking.

Call Park Display Timer—Default specifies 10 seconds. This parameter determines how long a call park number displays on the phone that parked the call. Set this timer for each server in a cluster that has the Cisco CallManager service and call park configured.

Call Park Reversion Timer—Default specifies 60 seconds. This parameter determines the time that a call remains parked. Set this timer for each server in a cluster that has the Cisco CallManager service and call park configured. When this timer expires, the parked call returns to the device that parked the call.

Note To set the timers, choose System > Service Parameters and update the Call Park Display Timer and the Call Park Reversion Timer fields in the Clusterwide Parameters (Feature-General) pane.

So, if you increase the display timer the park DN will appear on the phone longer. If you adjust the reversion timer it will control how quickly the call rings back to the parking-DN.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to know in which DN the call was parked to dial that DN and retrieve the call, in any case, there is a timer that will send the call back to the phone that parked it in first place.

Pickup is to be used when you're using the pickup groups, on what document did you read that was for call park??

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

My bad, the document I was working from is for CME7.1, not UCM7.1

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepark.html)

I know there is a timer (default is 60 seconds I believe) for retrieval, but, in my example, one of my coworkers put the call on park then forgot the number the call was parked on.  Instead of waiting for the 60 second retrieval timeout, I was hoping there was a way to retrieve it earlier.  I don't have rights to change the default timeout so I was hoping for some kind of work around.   

Thanks,

Kiley

There is not a workaround for this other than the two service parameters I have already noted. If this is a frequent problem you may want to consider directed call park instead.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two service parameters that you can adjust which are relevent to what you're asking.

Call Park Display Timer—Default specifies 10 seconds. This parameter determines how long a call park number displays on the phone that parked the call. Set this timer for each server in a cluster that has the Cisco CallManager service and call park configured.

Call Park Reversion Timer—Default specifies 60 seconds. This parameter determines the time that a call remains parked. Set this timer for each server in a cluster that has the Cisco CallManager service and call park configured. When this timer expires, the parked call returns to the device that parked the call.

Note To set the timers, choose System > Service Parameters and update the Call Park Display Timer and the Call Park Reversion Timer fields in the Clusterwide Parameters (Feature-General) pane.

So, if you increase the display timer the park DN will appear on the phone longer. If you adjust the reversion timer it will control how quickly the call rings back to the parking-DN.

Thanks to both Jonathan and javalenc.  I appreciate the very quick responses!!!!!

Kiley