Views
Helpful
Replies

Retrieving deleted items Unity 4.0

niquresh
Level 1
Level 1

All:

My customer wants to retrieve deleted messages of one of his users voicemail box. However, my customer does NOT have deleted items retention enabled on the message store (this is a voicemail only deployment with exchange on box). Furthermore, he wants to know that even if he wouldn't be able to restore the messages; can he run Unity reports and retrieve the voicemail streams of the deleted messages from them?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure quite what your customer is hoping for - Unity has the option of keeping deleting items in the deleted items folder - which allows you to retrieve them. With this option disabled when you delete a message, it's gone - Unity does not have a seperate copy of voice mails somewhere external to Exchange it can draw on for this - Exchange (or Domino) _is_ the mailstore in this case. If they've opted to delete messages without saving a copy in the deleted items folder, it's gone.

There's a _very_ outside chance the Exchange mailstore may have a copy of the message in its dumpster, but normally this is cleared out in 24 hours (Exchange controls this, not Unity). You can checkout Microsoft's ExMerge to instructions on how to pull messages out of Exchange's dumpster if you want to pursue this.

If cleanup agent has not run, you may be able to go into owa, and check the deleted items folder.

Thanks Jeff. I was sure that chief of the flying monkey squad would have something concrete to go on!!

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: