Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Returning to Auto Attendant for remote site on Centralized Unity Design

Unity 4.05 - multiple remote sites and a auto attendant for each that reside on one Unity server. The client's customers are having trouble spelling last names for doing name searches and many don't know the DID for the person they are calling. Trying to figure out how to get the caller back to their original auto attendant for the remote site from the Directory handler. Could I create a DH for each site and configure the Caller Input page to go back to the specifc CH for each site? Dont have lab access this week or I would test myself, anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Returning to Auto Attendant for remote site on Centralized U

Yes, that should be fine. I would create distribution list for each site and a DH that searches that distribution list. Then create a subscriber template for each site that has that caller input (to send the call to the correct DH and site AA) as well as adds the subscriber to the distribution list. That way, when someone new starts at a particular branch, you just create them using the proper subscriber template and everything else works automatically.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Returning to Auto Attendant for remote site on Centralized U

Yes, that should be fine. I would create distribution list for each site and a DH that searches that distribution list. Then create a subscriber template for each site that has that caller input (to send the call to the correct DH and site AA) as well as adds the subscriber to the distribution list. That way, when someone new starts at a particular branch, you just create them using the proper subscriber template and everything else works automatically.

Views
Helpful
Replies