cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rightfax - SR140 problem

sbrobak
Level 1
Level 1

Having a 9.3 FP2, SR5 version running with SR140, h323 to gateway. No CCM/CUCM involved. Outgoing faxes ok. Incoming is random answered by the server (faxing to the same number). This is a test environment, so its only me using it. Wireshark shows that the H225 is not started sometimes from the server. I should probably look at the SR140. Any recommondations?

5 Replies 5

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

To resolve this issue just verify the configuration and reset it. For the configuration following guide Fax Server Installation Guide may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/fax_server/93/93ciscofaxinstall.pdf

I have upgraded to SR6, but still the same problem. I have got a workaround by setting all channels to "both" (send/receive). If I configure one of the channels to "send", it fails.

sridhar_awari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Am really new to VoIP,but good at Routing and Switching. I need to configure this on urgent basis, I have cisco 2811 as my gateway with 1 PRI E1 out of which i terminated 1 DID line on SR140, i configured as below, but still things wont work..am not able to see any thing on Rightfax utility..i wonder if the call is hitting the Rightfax server , when i dial it says connected and then disconnects after 9 seconds, But when i configure in CCM as a h.323 client in device option..i can see answering call..in rightfax server.Plz help with

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

h323

dial-peer voice 201 voip

description " Right Fax dial-peer with 1 DID Number "

destination-pattern 4477

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

codec g711alaw

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

Several issues here:

1. Is your PRI gateway set up as an H.323 gateway? If it isn't, the config you provided above isn't going to do anything. Most PRI gateways I see are set up as MGCP.

2. If you are having RightFax connectivity issues with an SR140 install, you troubleshoot these by shutting down the RightFax services and using the Dialogic test utility along with Wireshark to troubleshoot this. You can get more information on this using the link below:

http://www.dialogic.com/support/helpweb/brooktrout/test.htm

I believe it is,cld you let me knw where i can reconfirm if my gateway is H323..thank you in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: