cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route voicemail into email with CUE

tyoungbauer
Level 1
Level 1

I know with the full version of Unity I can enable unifed messaging and route voicemails into my outlook box. I have also used Stonevoice which works well. I have a Unity Express module for a 2600. Is there any way or any addon software to allow me to use the CUE module and take advantage of the IVR, voicemail functions and route voicemails into and email box?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUE version 2.3 (I think will be released around the end of the month) supports notification which includes sending the voicemail to an external email address. Currently that is not possible.

Markus,

Do you have an update when this will be out ? Its almost end of the month..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I haven't seen an update from the team in a bit but I've got to think that it's any day now. The final image has already been built so I think it's just a matter of synching everything so that the image along with the supporting documentation posts (more or less) at the same time. Here are the highlights of this release:

• Integrated messaging-Cisco Unity Express allows subscribers to retrieve or listen, delete, and change the state of their voicemail messages through an e-mail client (standard Internet Mail Access Protocol [IMAP]-capable e-mail applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, and Lotus Notes). It also gives them an integrated view of all their e-mail and voicemail messages through one interface, accessible remotely over the network using a computer. Additionally, voicemail messages can be forwarded as WAV file attachments to any e-mail address. This feature requires the network module.

• VoiceView Express-This feature allows subscribers to use the display of the Cisco Unified IP Phone to manage all voicemail messages based on priority, caller ID, or time of day. They can also compose and send voice messages to other subscribers and manage their personal mailbox options. Users can sort and find stored messages using various options. Implemented as a Cisco Unified IP Phone service, VoiceView uses the phone display and soft keys. This feature requires the network module.

• Capacity enhancements-Cisco Unity Express now scales to 250 voice mailboxes. New mailbox licenses have been added (150, 200, and 250) with this release and are supported on the enhanced-capacity version of the network module.

• Message notification-This feature notifies subscribers as new voicemail messages arrive in their voice mailbox. Notifications can be generated for various message types and can be sent to multiple destinations simultaneously, including e-mail account, text pager, numeric paging, and phone numbers.

• Future message delivery-This feature allows a message to be addressed for delivery to a recipient at a future day and time. Messages can be scheduled for delivery up to a year in advance.

• Localization-Cisco Unity Express adds support for Japanese, Mexican Spanish, French Canadian, Chinese (Mandarin), and Korean languages.

• The ability to do a consultative transfer has been added with this release

• Support for dual tone multifrequency (DTMF; RFC 2833) has been added with this release.

• Cisco Unity Express now generates message-waiting-indicator (MWI) notifications for Cisco Unified CallManager Express (CME) and Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) modes of operation.

• Cisco Unity Express provides up to 300 hours of voicemail storage regardless of license level on the Cisco Unity Express Network Module with Enhanced Capacity (part number NM-CUE-EC).

• Cisco Unity Express allows users to modify automated attendant prompts through the telephone user interface (TUI) as well as the GUI or command-line interface (CLI). Now prompts can be deleted and rerecorded through the TUI without changing the prompt file name.

• Cisco Unity Express helps administrators designate and configure interruptible automated attendant prompts.

• Cisco Unity Express 2.3 can be used to provide voice mailboxes to a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phone under control of either Cisco Unified CallManager Express 4.0 or Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0.