cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing calls from Siemens Hicom 300H to Unity 4.0(5) using ACD Routing

kyleweigum
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to upgrade our Siemens Xpressions (Unity 2.4.6) system to Unity 4.0(5) w/ a PIMG integration on our Siemens Hicom 300H. I have been able to duplicate all of the "siemens" functions of the Unity system except for routing calls from the Siemens ACD to Unity. Basically, I am trying to get the Siemens to route calls from an ACD pilot number to Unity if no agents are available. I have tried routing the calls from the Siemens ACD by extension or ACD Group, but Unity is not receiving the DNIS from the pilot group. Looking in call viewer, you do not see the ACD pilot number being received by Unity. If anyone has this working or has any suggestions, please share your experience.

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try rolling the ACD to a DID that that goes right to VM....

You also may want to switch how the ACD is working... I would reroute the ACD from the Siemens, to Unity as a Call Handler if possible, then it will for sure come back to a Vmail box you choose. I had the same issue with Avaya or legacy PBX boxes... it was a choice to dump the ACD control function from the PBX and if it was a simple CallHandler menu system, I would give it Unity to care of instead. If the ACD is too complicated.. might need IPCC Express or stick with Siemens.

Just in case anyone was needing this information, I was able to make this work! The PIMG seems to excusively read the display of the digital phone emulation to get the calling party information. By putting the extension number into the display name of the target extension, the PIMG is able to parse the information correctly and put the dialed digits into the forward number field even though this information is not sent to the PIMG as a rule. It would be nice if Cisco could add this information to any PIMG integration guide...

Nice call! I'm getting my PIMG device today and looking at setting it up. But with the Rolm, the PIMG's are different between the 9005 and 9006.