Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT_Admin - Configuring email for Alert Notification

Afternoon all,

We've recently upgraded our MS Exchange environment from 2003 to 2010.

Since that time, we've not been receiving email notifications from our CUCM cluster (from RTMT_Admin). I did note that our RTMT_Admin address doesn't have a domain name associated with it i.e: RTMT_Admin@<domain.com>. My MS Exchange expert seems to think this is why e-mail notifications are not getting through to our designated mailbox.

Cisco states the following when setting up email notification:

Note

To configure RTMT to send alerts via e-mail, you must configure DNS. For information on configuring the primary and secondary DNS IP addresses and the domain name in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Server Configuration, see the DHCP Server Configuration chapter in the

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide

We don't have DHCP Server configured on our CUCM cluster because our Cisco switches has a device pool configured and provides our devices with their IP address.

I'd rather my IP Phones continue to get their IP address from our switches. If I configure DHCP Server on our cluster will it supersede our switches?

Please note, I only need to set DHCP server on our CUCM Publisher to get the email alert notifications working again.

Thanks

Jamie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jamie

Sounds like you are a little confused. DHCP will be nothing to do with your issue, it simply assigns IP addresses.

Your CUCMs will almost certainly be statically addressed, and if you wanted to configure them for DNS you would do so by running commands on the CLI:

set network dns primary x.x.x.x

set network dns secondary x.x.x.x

set network domain yourdomain.net

At any rate, RTMT may simply be configured with the IP address of a dead 2003 Exchange server to send mail to. You should start by checking the config in alerts in RTMT to see where alerts are being sent, and if appropriate change the settings to an appropriate Exchange 2007 SMTP server.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jamie

Sounds like you are a little confused. DHCP will be nothing to do with your issue, it simply assigns IP addresses.

Your CUCMs will almost certainly be statically addressed, and if you wanted to configure them for DNS you would do so by running commands on the CLI:

set network dns primary x.x.x.x

set network dns secondary x.x.x.x

set network domain yourdomain.net

At any rate, RTMT may simply be configured with the IP address of a dead 2003 Exchange server to send mail to. You should start by checking the config in alerts in RTMT to see where alerts are being sent, and if appropriate change the settings to an appropriate Exchange 2007 SMTP server.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, that makes sense now.

Quite right, DHCP server relates to the Call Manager servers and not the phones - doh : )

Setting the DNS and domain for each server on the cluster should do trick.

Thanks

Jamie

Hi Aaron,

In order to send email notification for example when a CUCM service goes down, does RTMT need to be running? What happen when the administrator logout from RTMT?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: