Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT cant send alerts to exchange server

abbaswalikhan
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have setup alerts in the RTMT and configured it with the exchange. I have tested the connectivity and it does connect to the exchange server IP. I can see the alerts showing up as sent to my email address but still I dont get any.

I have spoken to the exchange guy who said he added all the IP address (for our CUCM 8.5 nodes) to be allowed to send/relay emails. have done searches on the senders IP address (CM Nodes) and the senders email (rtmtadmin@cisco.com) but couldnt locate anything.

By checking some other topics, i came across that we have to configure the DNS on the CUCM CLI. I have checked through the GUI and the DNS is not setup.

can someone please advise

1. Do we need to configure a DHCP before configuring a DNS

2. we can only configure the DNS via the CLI as

set network dns {primary | secondary} ip-address

3. will this cause any network disconnection.

4. or do we have to reboot the cluster/ any services.

and the main question is even if we configure the DNS on the CUCM will it then be able to send the alerts from the RTMT to the exchange server.

Much appretaited for any help.

A

18 Replies 18

Brillient JPringle,

as soon as i have added the fully qualified name I have started to get the alerts.

Many Many thanks.

Abbas

Just to add to that,

Now as I am getting these alert. I want to setup a PRI channel out of service alert (as we had some issues recently where the channel got out of service and we didnt know about it until users started crying)

now in the below field, I can see all my channels

the rtmt gives me value over or under and not an exact value.

as

0= undetermind

1=out of service

2=idle

3=active call

4=reserved for D signalling

I suspect if we put value below 2 as 0 and 1 both are suspecious values!!!

also do we have to do it for all the channels one by one of is there a better way of doing it.

Many thanks

Abbas

Are you wanting to monitor just the D-Channel or the B-Channels too?

One of the built in CallManager Alerts (at least in RTMT v8.1) is "MgcpDChannelOutOfService".  It is a annoying though that the email alert does not show the gateway/interface, you have to right click on the alert and select "Alert Properties".

There are other alerts that can monitor the number of spans  in service per gateway and per CallManager.

To monitor the individual B-Channels, you will need to do it like you show above, which would be a pain if you have alot of PRIs. 

Good luck with it.

Yes JP you are right, the Dchannel alert is there but sometimes the D channel is working fine, like last time, we had the first B channel of the first gateway out of service and the rest had connected calls. so every new call was hiting that first channel and was gettting engaged tone.

the gateway cli doesnt really tell you about which channel out and in when  you run

ncc-r_hq-mgcp01#show isdn service

PRI Channel Statistics:

%Q.931 is backhauled to CCM MANAGER 0x0003 on DSL 0. Layer 3 output may not apply

ISDN Se0/0/0:15, Channel [1-31]

Configured Isdn Interface (dsl) 0

Channel State (0=Idle 1=Proposed 2=Busy 3=Reserved 4=Restart 5=Maint_Pend)

Channel :  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

State   :  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Service State (0=Inservice 1=Maint 2=Outofservice 8=MaintPend 9=OOSPend)

Channel :  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

State   :  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

but the RTMT showed that that one was out

so which means that i have to setup these alerts for our 90 channels

also i am runing a test later to take out one of the Q931 and see how the alerts which are setup for that particular channel comes out.

Thanks