Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT - Multiple Installs, Same version?

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I've done some reading about mutiple installs of RTMT but can't get it to work right.  All of our UC Products are at 8.x.  They all seem to use the same version of RTMT.  When I try to use the version that was downloaded from Presence, I get an error on the other products.  When I try to install from one of the other systems, it makes me Uninstall the previous version.

We have:

CUCM 8.x

CUC 8.x

UCCX 8.x

CUPS 8.x

I've specified different folders but it still doesn't help.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't be confused here, each application has it's own unique RTMT.  CUPS only works with CUPS, CUC with CUC, and so on.  The same version doesn't mean "unified version".  They just happen to all be 8.x products.

That's it.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the response.  To clarify, when I said same version, I meant same version of RTMT.  They all install as "8.5.0.0" and the installer sees that another is installed and makes me un-instaill the previous installation.

Sorry for the confusion.

I follow - you have to install in separate paths (as you did) but the rest

of the answer holds true.

Hailey

On 11/11/10 10:46 AM, "ecornwell"

I think I'm missing something...  I've downloaded the RTMT tool from each of the consoles.  I had the CUPS RTMT tool installed and when I tried to install the CUC tool, I changed paths and it said, Version 8.5.0.0 already detected, you must uninstall the previous installation to contiune.  Even with a different path, it wouldn't let me past without uninstalling.

I follow and understood what you meant.  We run into or get asked questions on this a lot...so I got ya.  The rest of the answer still holds true.

Hailey

I haven't hit that, personally.  I always install in a path like utils\RTMT\CUPS but I'll see what happens in my lab today and let you know.  What app versions are you running of say (only need 2) CUCM and CUC?

CUCM - 8.0.3.10000-8

CUC - 8.0.3.10000-18

I just tried it with the CUC version installed and tried to install the CUCM version and got the error.

I get the same issue as well.

I have RTMT for CUCM 8.0 installed, try to install RTMT for UCCX 8.0 and specify a different path.  It says its going to uninstall the current version of RTMT.

There has to be a way to have the RTMT tools for the various UC 8.x products installed at the same time.

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I assume no one is looking at the question anymore ... but I ran into the same issue.  The Cisco doc's says you can have multiple instances and in fact you have to have multiple in order to monitor more than one server/ cluster.  Did anyone figure out how to do this ?

vinodh249
Level 1
Level 1

Check this link: Not able to install different RTMT clients on the same box

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Not_able_to_install_different_RTMT_clients_on_the_same_box

Hope this will help.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: