cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running Unity with both Exchange 2003 and 2010?

joedesk76
Level 1
Level 1

My company is planning to upgrade from Exchange 2003 to 2010.  We are

currently using Unity 7.0.  We'd like to run the two in parrallel for a bit and take our time switching users over.

Now I've read that Unity can support Exchange 2010, but I haven't found anything about running Unity using both Exchange 2003 and 2010 in parrallel.

Is this something Unity can handle?

6 Replies 6

Thanks David.  Yes I saw that document earlier...not seeing anything on there about using Unity with both Exchange 2003 and 2010.  We won't be migrating the mailboxes all at once, so we'd like to have Unity talk to both Exchange servers.

Focus in on this section down:

Installing a New Cisco Unity  7.0 or 5.0 Server Into a Mixed Exchange Environment and Choosing a  Partner Server Other Than Exchange 2010

What you're asking is if you can run Unity in a mixed exchange environment (i.e., different versions) with Exchange 2010 as one of the versions running.  This tells you what you need to do so that is possible and the last section of the document focuses on what criteria you should use to determine the partner Exchange server.

Excellent, thanks David!

No problem.  Make sure you follow all of the guidelines (i.e., Unity ES/patch  application, MAPI patch, etc) so you can be squared away if you need  support after the Exchange 2010 enters the picture.  If that answers your question(s), do me a favor and mark/rate the post so others can refer to it accordingly.

Hailey

We're doing something similar, but we have an in-place Unity 7 and Exchange 2003 environment; we are putting some users from an org we support on an Exchange 2010 server, but do not want that to be the partner server (yet).  The instructions seem to point you to making 2010 the partner; I'm wondering why Step 13 (of your link) we are uninstalling the Exchange Server 2003 System Management Tools, if it’s a mixed environment and 2003 will still be the partner server.  I also saw somewhere that you don’t have to move the unitymsgstoresvc account to Exchange 2010 if you are in a mixed environment.  Is that true?  Thank you.