Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Search by extnsion in Unity Connection

Hi, I am trying to configure Unity Connection 2.0 to search by extension in Directory Handler. However I do not see this option in Directory Handler. The only options I can see under Search Criteria Order where we can choose by Last name, First name or Fist name, Last name. I have also ticked option "Disable Spelled Name Searches" under System Settings > Advanced > Conversations but I do see any difference. When I go to the Directory Handler it still says "Spell the name of the person or distribution list. Spell the last and first name then press pounds, for q press 1......" Is there any way to search by extension number?

Thanks

Chandrasen

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Search by extnsion in Unity Connection

Hi Chandrasen,

You just need to press ## when asked to spell the name of the person or distribution list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user/guide/2xcucug150.html#wpmkr1048440

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

Re: Search by extnsion in Unity Connection

Hi Brad, thanks for the reply. However it did not work. When I press ## there is no response. I have also noticed that when I go to the directory and asked to press, for eg 1 for Mr John, the call does not go to John extension. Instead my main menu repeats. Any ideas?

Chandrasen

Views
Helpful
Replies