cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Search by extnsion in Unity Connection

cg100668
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to configure Unity Connection 2.0 to search by extension in Directory Handler. However I do not see this option in Directory Handler. The only options I can see under Search Criteria Order where we can choose by Last name, First name or Fist name, Last name. I have also ticked option "Disable Spelled Name Searches" under System Settings > Advanced > Conversations but I do see any difference. When I go to the Directory Handler it still says "Spell the name of the person or distribution list. Spell the last and first name then press pounds, for q press 1......" Is there any way to search by extension number?

Thanks

Chandrasen

2 Replies 2

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chandrasen,

You just need to press ## when asked to spell the name of the person or distribution list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user/guide/2xcucug150.html#wpmkr1048440

Hope this helps. If so, please rate.

Brad

Hi Brad, thanks for the reply. However it did not work. When I press ## there is no response. I have also noticed that when I go to the directory and asked to press, for eg 1 for Mr John, the call does not go to John extension. Instead my main menu repeats. Any ideas?

Chandrasen