cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Searching a user in the AA directory who doesn't have a voicemail entry.

gary.sitton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who needs to be in the directory so when people call after hours they can reach her extension if they do not know it.  However, she does not have a voice mailbox and her position does not need one.  How can I do this?

I'm using the following Cisco servers.

Call Unity Connection Ver:  2.1.2.1000-380

Call Manager Ver: 6.1.2.1000-13

Thanks.

Gary

6 Replies 6

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gary,

You're probably going to want to configure a system contact for this

person:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac/gui

de/2xcucmac010.html#wp1049542

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks Brad,

I was actually at that page and was trying to find the information in the Unity server. Know where the selection for the User without mailboxes is, but that seems only for Admins functions as you can't assign a Extension to it.

The system contacts seem right but trying to find that in the Unity server seems to have me going all over the place.  I'll poke around some more.    

Gary

System Contacts are technically different than Users without Mailboxes.  I dont have CUC 2x but in 7x, there is an administration section dedicated to Contacts.  Once you find the equivalent in 2x, you'll want to create a directory-enabled contact and then set the transfer number for that user so callers can reach the contact.  Make sure that the calling restrictions for users (via Restriction Tables) and on the voice messaging ports themselves (via CSS in CUCM) don't inadvertently prevent users from reaching this contact based on transfer number (e.g., dial string).

Hailey

Please remember to rate helpful posts!

If you need more help, feel free to drop me a line personally or just add to the thread.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gary,

Just to add a note to the excellent tips from Brad and Hailey (+5 eack my friends!)

I'm not sure that this will actually work in CUC 2.x versions, have a look at the info/caveat

below;

Directory Access (Applicable to system contacts only)—When you create a system contact in Cisco Unity Connection Administration and record a voice name for the contact, the system contact can then be accessed by users from the Connection directory. This allows internal users to transfer to the extension of the system contact by using the VUI (voice-recognition conversation) "Call" command. (Users must be using the VUI in order to access system contacts.)

Directory access to system contacts is available only to internal users who are using the VUI, by using the "Call" command from either the Connection main menu or from the internal directory. System contacts are not available to users who are using the TUI, or from the external directory.

Also note that system contacts are never accessible by external callers, from the directory, TUI, or VUI.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac/guide/2xcucmac010.html

Here is the CUC 7.x info (I just tested this one and it is good to go ;

Directory Access—When you create system contacts in Cisco Unity Connection Administration and enable them to be listed in the directory, they can then be accessed by users from the Connection directory. This allows callers to transfer to the extension of the system contact.

http://www.ciscosystems.net/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac010.html

Cheers!

Rob

Good clarification, Rob!  (+5)

Looks like I may need to upgrade then....

Thanks for all your help.

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: