Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Secure Meetme conference with Unity

I have a question on creating a Secure Meetme Conference with Unity. I need to be able to have a certain phone allowed to create a meetme, but all other phones need to dial a different extension. When dialing that extension it should ask them to enter a pin and if accepted, Unity should prompt for the name of the person and then annouce before entering the conference. The person hosting the conference should be able to reject the call or accept. I can do everything but the pin with Unity.. Does any one have any good ideas to force a Call Handler to ask for a pin and then authenicate the user.

One way that I did the pin issue was by using a combination of Unity and IPCC. I wrote a script in IPCC to authenicate the user before sending to the RP for Unity.. this seemed to have work, but would like to know of a way in Unity if it is possible..

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Secure Meetme conference with Unity

the only authentication path in Unity is ahead of specific authenticated conversations (subscriber mailbox, greetings administration, subscriber system transfer, broadcast message admin). There's no generic "authentication" object you can insert into an audio text application that will require someone to provide their subscriber credentials before moving to another call handler or the like - although that's not a bad idea.

Something like this can be done with some conversation script work, but there's no out of the box support for something like this in Unity.

Thats what I thought, but wanted to be sure...

kelvin.blair can You Please help me to do the same which you have done as stated above.i vll really appriciate if u post the steps to secure meetMe using Unity

Thanks

Zubair,

In order to accomplish this task you will need a combination of partitions, CSS, route points Unity Call handlers and a IPCC script. First create a MeetMe partition. Assign this Meetme Partition to a Call Search Space. This calling search space will be applied to the phones that are allowed to start the conference and access the route points. Make sure you add the necessary Partitions for that phone to be able to call voicemail, IPPHONES, Local and LD. Test it.. Make sure that only one or depending on the number of phones are allowed, can start the Meetme conference. Once that is working,your ready to start work on the enter pin, prompt and annouce and accept or reject part of this task.

In unity go ahead a create a CH that does a supervised transfer to the meetme conference number. Make sure you check the ask callers name, annouce caller, and accept or reject. In CM you will need to add a route point that forwards to VM. Tie this VMRP DN to the CH. You do this creating a CH Routing rule in unity.. My sugguestion to you is to open the Call Viewer and see how the call comes in. Once this is working, lock it down to where no other phones can call this RP.. Create another RP. This will be the RP that users will call to get into the conference. This will the route point that ties to a IPCC script. Once the user enters a certain pin, it should then forward the call to VMRP.. In IPCC i created a script to Get digit string and if the string matched certain characters the call redirect to VMRP.. Also, I almost forgot.. There is a .wav file that ask for you to enter pin.. I tied this to my script.. It will keep you from having to record a new one and uploading it.

I hope this helps. I don't think I missed a step, but if I did i holp you get the general idea. One thing that I didn't like was when a call comes in it ask to accept the call or reject to leave a message. I wanted to just reject the call.. So a modified how the CH takes messages.. Created a new message greeting and stated that call has been rejected and made it hang up. You really can get created with the IPCC script. I'm not a scripting expert, but did notice it is a very powerfule tool.

Cisco Employee

As a side note here - taking a look at the phGreeting conversation script in Unity (the guy that is called when a call handler's greeting rules are loaded) I think it'd be real easy to add an authentication check in there with just a few lines of script. So you could essentially make a standing call handler require that callers authenticate before moving past it - you could set it up using one of the "custom" data flags that are not currently being used.

It's not TAC supported, of course, but if you're interested it taking a swing at that and you're running (or can get to) Unity 4.1 or 4.2, email me at lindborg at cisco dot com and we can see if something like this is workable and can save you a few configuration headaches.

If you could email a copy of that script I'd really appreciate it. My email is doh@nexatech.com

Hi Kelvin, can you please help me on this:

you wrote:

One thing that I didn't like was when a call comes in it ask to accept the call or reject to leave a message. I wanted to just reject the call.. So a modified how the CH takes messages.. Created a new message greeting and stated that call has been rejected and made it hang up.

How did you do that? everything works fine just this thing with rejecting the Call, can you explain how you did it. THANKS

Views
Helpful
Replies