cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Messaging between CUPS7 and UNITY7

Gary Tong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there, I was working on the integration of CUPS7 and I met one problem with the Failure in "Secure Messaging", which can be seen from the "Show Server Status" of CUPC. However, the Voicemail part seems working well.

In CUPS, I configured the Voicemail Server as my UNITY address with the service HTTPS and port 443, For all these information could be confirmed in CUPC as well.

I enabled SSL on my UNITY and verified by https://unity-ip/exchange and https://unity-ip/web/sa. And, enabled "Encrypt All Messages" in the system configuration as well as the subscribers.

Did I miss something?

Thanks.

12 Replies 12

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Can you check with a Unity engineer to see if "secure messaging" is enabled?

I'm not a Unity expert. But I think you might confuse the HTTPS with secure messaging.

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thank you, Michael.

I understand the difference between HTTPS and Secure messaging, but just make sure HTTPS communications between Unity and CUPS. From the view of CUPS and CUPC, there is no configuration for Secure messaging.

But how can CUPC verify the "Secure Messaging" is not working?

Thanks

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are you using onbox Exchange 2003 or off box Exchange 2003/2007? Either way, the "Secure messaging" aspect of the CUPC client is the IMAP download of the voicemails. So in the CUPC client, it will be requesting IMAP download of the voicemails from the Exchange server (onbox or offbox) You can use secure IMAP ports for this, etc.

Thank you. I'm running onbox Exchange 2003. I will Enbale IMAP Security to test.

I couldn't make CUPC work with Secure Messaging although the Secure Messaging has been configured and when CUPC received the VoiceMail, the promopt said something like "This message is secured and must be listened by Unity Supported Client."

Here is what I did on

UNITY7 Server:

1. In Unity admin, "Message Security Settings" and "Subscribers": Encrypt All Messages.

2. In Exchange IMAP4 "Access Control": Requires SSL/TLS Encryption.

CUPS7 Server:

1. Voicemail Server: UNITY7 IP, 443, HTTPS.

2. MailStore: UNITY7 IP, 993, SSL.

The result in CUPC:

1. VoiceMail: Connected.

2. Secure Messaging: Not Connected - Server Unreachable.

Thanks.

If you're pretty sure secure messaging was enabled on Unity, you should focus on troubleshooting the HTTPS part.

What's the name in the certificate? Was that name being used in CUPS > Unity Server?

Thanks!

Michael

Thank you, Michael.

The Name in the certificate is the FQDN name of UNITY7, but I configured IP Address in CUPS -> Voicemail Server. Is it probably the cause?

The name you configured in CUPS has to match the name in the certificate.

Michael

RE

RE

Change all VoiceMail relatted address on CUPS to FQDN but "Secure Messaging" still "Server Unreachable".

anyway, thanks a lot.

If that's the case, we need packet capture from the CUPC computer to take a look. Can you get that?

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: