Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Agent administration

Is it possible to run the security agent without the admin page being setup? We brought in an outside group to assist with our upgrade. They setup the security agent, but did not leave the location of the admin page. After browsing through the IIS on the servers, I have come to ths conclusion that it is not installed. Am I looking in the right place?

5 REPLIES

Re: Security Agent administration

Hi -

Which server application are you talking about, for example Unity? The Unity CSA does not use a web page for admin. You work with it from the SYSTRAY or Services mmc.

Ginger

I was hoping that the answer would be the same for both Unity and CCM. Is there a difference in administration between the 2?

The CSA for Unity is a stand alone version of the security agent (sometimes called headless). There is no administration page to edit policies, etc. You can only change policies by loading a new policy file.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

This does help somewhat, but I am not that familiar with the policy file. We were in the dark with CCM and Unity for a while and recently upgraded. to 4.1.3. So the CSA is new to me. Would you be able to guide me to where I can find the documentation for this feature? Also, does this work the same for the CSA on CCM?

You can find the release notes for the current version of the Unity CSA (2.0.3) here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a0080623fa6.html

The current version can be downloaded here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity3d

Yes, the CSA works the same on CCM, although there is a specific CSA for CCM. They are not interchangeable.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content