cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selective Unity migration - is it possible?

1dschock
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings everyone!

Here's my situation...

I have an ICS7750 with an SPE310 blade running Unity 4.0.1. It is partnered with an Exchange 2000 server in domain 'A'. I need to migrate all of my users in domain 'A' to domain 'B' which is running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. The SPE in the ICS can run Unity 4.0.4 which supports Exchange 2k3, but the CD images are not available for download and I don't have the time to wait for them to come in.

Here is what I did so far...

I made the decision to download the Unity 4.0.5 images and install them on a box outside of the ICS. I contacted the licensing team to move my licenses over.

Now I know that I cannot use DiRT to migrate all of my settings, etc. from the old SPE to my new box because of version differences... but what I was wondering is if I can somehow selectively only migrate the Call Handlers and Interview Handlers over to the new box? I can deal with the User migration, but these are going to be a pain to recreate.

Any thoughts?

Dennis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah - 4.0(4) CDs can be downloaded from the archive site here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-archives

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no partial migration option here. You can do an install of 4.0(4) on that box, do a DiRT restore and then upgrade to 4.0(5) - that's the normal route for such a problem. But there's no way to extract call handlers or interviewers out of one box and import them into another.

Jeff

Thanks for the response. Yes - the whole issue stemmed from the lack of a 4.0.4 install source, so I had no options. I'll manually extract the .wav greetings, questions, etc from my current handlers and recreate on the new box.

Thanks again!

Dennis

why don't you upgrade the 4.0(4) box to 4.0(5), then do the DiRT backup from there? If you have 4.0(5) CDs you can go that route, correct?

and also, I'm reasonably sure there's an archive download site for 4.0(4) and 4.0(3) versions of Unity somewhere...

Yeah - 4.0(4) CDs can be downloaded from the archive site here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-archives

omg...

Sometimes the most obvious things are the most elusive to me... ;-)

Thank you for the link and the help

I should be fine now! lol

Dennis