cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selective user migration between networked Unity servers

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Is there a good way to migrate subscribers from one Unity server to another, given that they are connected to the same directory and message store and are already 'networked' in terms of seeing each other's subscribers?

The application here is for a customer that's getting ready to move over 100 people from one location to another, each served by a different Unity server (but networked as above). We're not moving all users, only a subset, the old location Unity server stays up and running. Both systems are voicemail-only with onboard Exchange message stores. Both systems are in the same Active Directory domain and Exchange organization. Extensions are already hopelessly intermixed, so there's no dial plan to maintain. I'd like them to be served from the Unity server closest to them. I can handle the CallManager end of this easily enough, but I don't know how to smoothly handle the move of the actual subscriber.

Moving their Exchange message store to the other server is easy enough, but is there an easy way to move what Unity server they're on, something I'm missing? I could delete and readd the user, but this loses their recorded name and greeting and other settings and they'd have to re-enroll. I think Migrate Subscriber Properties requires another account to move the stuff to, which isn't what I'm doing. DiRT isn't what I want because I'm not moving all users and settings. Are there any other tools that might help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're running Unity 4.0(1) and later you can use the Global Subscriber Manager tool to move individual users from one Unity server in a dialing domain to another. This is the Move Subscriber Data function. You'll find the GSM tool and it's help file and training video that covers this on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're running Unity 4.0(1) and later you can use the Global Subscriber Manager tool to move individual users from one Unity server in a dialing domain to another. This is the Move Subscriber Data function. You'll find the GSM tool and it's help file and training video that covers this on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm